cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 couldn't care less

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a customer for several years and am now out of contract. Your current deals aren't great and I've just called for a PAC code. The person I spoke to asked if I'd called to see if o2 could match or beat a deal I've seen elsewhere and I replied that although I've been into a store this was my first call. I had a PAC code within minutes and no attempt was made to retain my custom. Appalling customer service, you are clearly only interested in New customers. You don't deserve my money. 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Appalling customer service? You asked for a pac and you got it. That is customer service!

Whether or not it meets your definition of "the customer is king" is a different matter but its long been discussed here that there is no such thing as loyalty to customers anymore hence no deals and you are better off moving elsewhere if it works out better for you. Once you are out of contract, your best option is to try ringing retentions or going off to the likes of Carphonewarehouse & Phones4U. 

Retail stores are as you say, are more interested in new customers as the commission rates are better (though I may have that wrong these days with o2). Years ago you could probably do a store visit and get something out of it however things have moved on and the profit margins are quite slim for all operators. 

But have a read of this discussion anyway: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/just-plain-greedy/td-p/610514

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then don't give it to them.

Yes, customer retention is shocking but O2 have too many customers clogging up their network, so a few leaving is good for them.

Not saying it's right or that's the case with your situation but unfortunately that's the way O2 have been thinking lately.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Then don't give it to them.

Yes, customer retention is shocking but O2 have too many customers clogging up their network, so a few leaving is good for them.

Not saying it's right or that's the case with your situation but unfortunately that's the way O2 have been thinking lately.

My opinion is that their thinking is that there is no risk in them not trying hard to keep you as if you leave someone popping over from another network will replace you so the net result is no loss.

Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Appalling customer service? You asked for a pac and you got it. That is customer service!

Whether or not it meets your definition of "the customer is king" is a different matter but its long been discussed here that there is no such thing as loyalty to customers anymore hence no deals and you are better off moving elsewhere if it works out better for you. Once you are out of contract, your best option is to try ringing retentions or going off to the likes of Carphonewarehouse & Phones4U. 

Retail stores are as you say, are more interested in new customers as the commission rates are better (though I may have that wrong these days with o2). Years ago you could probably do a store visit and get something out of it however things have moved on and the profit margins are quite slim for all operators. 

But have a read of this discussion anyway: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/just-plain-greedy/td-p/610514

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions
Bottom line is that o2 are now "big enough".
Any further growth would require a massive investment which is money that Telefonica doesn't have....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will have after March
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oooh I don't know about slim profit margins. You don't see a poor mobile telecom. Why else would Verizon cough $130bn for a unit that was worth almost as much as the whole.

Telefonica only struggling because of the €48bn debt it has hence why it is selling assets.
Message 7 of 7