cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Contracts through the Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently got an Iphone 4 contract on o2 through my nearest CWH store. I did so on the 31st July. I was eager to get the Iphone 4 and O2 where not taking new customers. I tried o2 customer service and an o2 store prior to going to the Carphone Warehouse.

After I purchased the phone a friend then told me that in 18 months time when I am due to upgrade to a new phone, that I can only upgrade in a Carphone Warehouse store, despite the fact my contract is with o2.

I am slightly concerned as I can imagine o2 stores will have more stock availability not to mention the fact there are probably more o2 stores than CWH.

I wish o2 customer services had told me that they would take new customers in 4 days, I would have waited!!!!!

Your advice fello Iphone 4 oweners is most welcome.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
you would have to start a new contract with o2 and cancel your CPW contract at point of upgrade. If you want to wait you could always send it back under the 14 day return ruling and wait for it to be available Via o2 Directly
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
CPW are fine people (Talk Talk is perhaps a different matter).
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have taken the iPhone 4 with Carphonewarehouse then your contract will actually be with O2 directly not via CPW.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently got an Iphone 4 contract on o2 through my nearest CWH store. I did so on the 31st July. I was eager to get the Iphone 4 and O2 where not taking new customers. I tried o2 customer service and an o2 store prior to going to the Carphone Warehouse.
After I purchased the phone a friend then told me that in 18 months time when I am due to upgrade to a new phone, that I can only upgrade in a Carphone Warehouse store, despite the fact my contract is with o2.
I am slightly concerned as I can imagine o2 stores will have more stock availability not to mention the fact there are probably more o2 stores than CWH.
I wish o2 customer services had told me that they would take new customers in 4 days, I would have waited!!!!!

Your advice fello Iphone 4 oweners is most welcome.

Put simply...

Your friend is wrong.

You can upgrade via o2 directly if you wish once you come to the end of the minimum term on your iphone contract. Nothing to worry about slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
My experiance is that Carfone Warehouse actually have more choice of handsets than direct network highstreet stores.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will be on o2's systems and you can upgrade through o2 in the future. However, your contract is not with o2, it is with CPW. Your network provider is o2. If you upgraded through o2 in the future, your contract will be with o2.
Message 7 of 7