cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
No 3G or HSDPA coverage in Portsmouth
Message 581 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be speaking to them yet again at lunchtime and asking why they don't introduce 'service status' and fault reporting links on their main web page.

Had a short and pointless conversation with "Customer Services". They took some pushing to admit it was a national problem, gave no timescales for fixing and showed no interest in putting me through to anyone who would discuss putting a 'Service Status' link up. They did suggest I contact them by email, so I had to remind them I have no data connection.
I will be emailing ronan.dunne@o2.com, Ofcom and Watchdog tonight about these repeated national outages and the lack of transparency re data outages. I will also be looking at whether this appalling lack of service constitutes reasonable grounds for early termination of my contract without charges.
Message 582 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are wrong.

It's clearly a problem with all of our handsets and will be easily resolved by turning on/off and wiping your sim card with a duster....what idiots we are
Message 583 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally have 3G back in North London/South Herts area...at around 13:15...after none all morning and sporadic coverage over the last few days. *** are we paying them so much money for...and what really irks me is the lack of transparency that someone else mentioned!
Message 584 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently the outage today was caused by 'planned network maintenance'.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10341734.stm.

This is exactly the sort of thing that could be detailed on their website to prevent the hassle we've all had today..

I wonder whether the 'planned maintenance' was to fix the problems from Monday...
:womanindifferent:
Message 585 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still don't have anything? It's got a small letters 'edge' at the corner of the screen, no blackberry messenger access, internet or email. Anybody know how I can change from dual to GSM or anything to try and get some access?
Message 586 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still don't have anything? It's got a small letters 'edge' at the corner of the screen, no blackberry messenger access, internet or email. Anybody know how I can change from dual to GSM or anything to try and get some access?

First off it may be worth switching in and out of airplane mode and seeing if that clears it.
I'm not familiar with Blackberries myself but I'd expect the 2g/3g toggle to be buried in your network settings somewhere.

Failing that post back with your model and I'll see if I can dig something up
Message 587 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
First off it may be worth switching in and out of airplane mode and seeing if that clears it.
I'm not familiar with Blackberries myself but I'd expect the 2g/3g toggle to be buried in your network settings somewhere.
Failing that post back with your model and I'll see if I can dig something up

Hi - thanks for that - have no idea still! I have a BB 8900, still in edge mode. Could scream really - I'd appreciate any advice whatsoever!
Message 588 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm..

Looks like the Blackberry 8900 is not 3g - so you may be out of options. http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_8900-2604.php

Short of disabling your Access Point (which I wouldn't recommend).

I may be wrong though - my GoogleFu's a little off tonight (long frustrating week at work).
Message 589 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting sick and tired of being told that the sudden loss of 3G activity in a previously excellent postcode is not a network /o2 problem but instead a handset issue...for all the iPhone users and blackberry user I work with...all at the same time
Message 590 of 727