cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
No data coverage in East surrey today either...
Message 571 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i take it back, switched my phone from Dual mode to GSM only and it's working just fine...
Message 572 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network down in North west London on mine and my girlfriends phone, saying not in a data area on both my blackberry and my girlfriends iphone, definately an issue with o2 and not the handsets
Message 573 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Network down in North west London on mine and my girlfriends phone, saying not in a data area on both my blackberry and my girlfriends iphone, definately an issue with o2 and not the handsets

In my experience (after more than 5 years on contract with O2) it's always an issue with O2's network and not the handset. And customer service will always tell you it's the handset.
I've yet to come across anyone there having the remotest interest in listening to or acting on reports of faulty towers etc. I will be speaking to them yet again at lunchtime and asking why they don't introduce 'service status' and fault reporting links on their main web page.
Given their large spread of smartphones they really do need to resolve their issues with patchy 3G coverage and poor service uptime.
Message 574 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
No signal in weston super mare either

Ditto that fatnfunky. Mines beem off and on last 24 hrs. ****** off!
Message 575 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i take it back, switched my phone from Dual mode to GSM only and it's working just fine...

Thanks mate - just did that with mine and now I have Edge reception. C'mon o2, get your finger out and provide us with a status update.
Message 576 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
East London (Canary Wharf) ongoing issues on HTC Desire - switching to GSM only has helped, thanks for the tip (but thought "GSM/WCDMA auto" setting would handle that automatically?), but still very slow. Luckily I'm still within my 14-day cancellation period so still time to throw in the towel and try Vodafone instead...
Message 577 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
North London here and no 3G service at all. Only way to use internet on the phone is to turn off 3G so that GPRS can be used instead - much slower!! I love the way O2 is saying nothing public about this particular incident which has been going on for days now....they're still taking our money mind you!
Message 578 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting no 3G or any data services here in Redhill, Surrey. Normally full signal. Not too far from London where reports are similar. Perhaps O2 might bother to post some sort of service status.
Message 579 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience (after more than 5 years on contract with O2) it's always an issue with O2's network and not the handset. And customer service will always tell you it's the handset.
I've yet to come across anyone there having the remotest interest in listening to or acting on reports of faulty towers etc. I will be speaking to them yet again at lunchtime and asking why they don't introduce 'service status' and fault reporting links on their main web page.
Given their large spread of smartphones they really do need to resolve their issues with patchy 3G coverage and poor service uptime.

tell me about it - I work in a previously fantastic spot for 3G connection but, since Monday, everyone here with an iPhone has noticed the phones say they are connected to 3G but absoloutely nothing can get through (in terms of data) unless you switch off 3G and use GPRS - no problem with signal strength, calls, text or GPRS...just 3G.

Travel 4 or 5 miles away and it starts working again.....according to O2 though there are no issue and it must be our phones....all of them...all at once...with the same problem...can't possibly be O2....so just put up with it and pay your bill

in Derby by the way
Message 580 of 727