cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is 28585 an o2 number and or safe to reply to?

1tzTJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called o2 the other day and recently got a text with a survey from the number above, I'm new to o2 and have seen very mixed comments about the number, is this a scam or a genuine o2 number?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

Yes, it's safe Solved: Scam texts - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cool thank you! I had seen that post but nothing about whether the number was o2, but maybe I didn't comprehend it correctly 😂

Message 3 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

I never do surveys. 

The one that keeps popping up on this forum several times a day has put me off for life 😉

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 8

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I looked into the number and it just seemed very mixed 😂

I'm glad its safe, takes away some of the fear of whether I'd been scammed 

the advisor I was on the phone to had sent a code that I had to repeat to him, which I found odd, but looking into it this is a normal thing, but I also got a reset password link whilst on the phone too so I'm slightly worried still

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@1tzTJ 

As it was you who called O2 it is perfectly normal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

1tzTJ
  • 29 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

even the password reset link?

just never experienced anything like this 😂

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

If sent from O2, yes.

You can change it again yourself if you're worried about it. Just tap the forgotten password link on the login page.

Message 8 of 8