cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 or z3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey im abit stuck on a decision on my next phone i currently have a s4 and sick of the battery life of it resulting in no phone on the way home from work (cant charge it at work). I would like to get a iphone 6 as most my friends got one and ive got a ipad and getting a mac book soon and i know they all work well together like imessager and stuff. However ive recenly seen the sont z3 which says it has 2 day battery and just better hardware. So on paper the z3 looks the best phone. But i do like the look of the iphone 6 and enjoy ios. What are your guys views on the two phones which one would you go for? Do anyone have any expierience of the batterys on the z range will it be alot better than my s4?? thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
How longit in a day you look at the screen?
Message 2 of 52

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145037 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
My Z1 battery is good. It comes off charge at 6.30am and is used all day. Spotify is nearly always playing in the background, my 2 email accounts syncd, facebook, twitter tumblr and normal phone calls throughout the day. Usually battery is around 45% when it goes on charge at 11.00pm. At the weekend when I'm not working it uses about 15% all day so will easily go from Friday morning to Sunday night without charging it up. If the Z3 is better it will be amazing slight_smile
No one will know how good the iP6 battery is yet so can't compare until we get some feedback from the first users.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 52

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Annnnnnnnd if I'm totally honest, a 64bit quad core on a dedicated os with optimised memory is not by any means weak.
Message 4 of 52

MI5
  • 145037 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
It "should" be good, but time will tell.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 52

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As mi5 said, similar with z2 usage and when stamina mode is on, it's ridiculously good at battery life.
Message 6 of 52

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

One man's meat etc. etc. etc........ It's all down to personal preferences. As no one actually has an iPhone 6 yet, it would be impossible to know how good the battery life will be. These are decisions you can only make yourself. If you're undecided, search for some hands on reviews of the different phones.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow mi5 that sounds amazing i think i might get a slightly better tariff for the z3 as well which is pushing me for it. To be honest not alot at all i use it alot on the way to work which is about a 1 hour to 90 mins journey and on my lunch break sometimes i quick sneak throughout the day reply to messages when the bosses aint around and thts about it.  but my s4 battery goes so quick. 

Message 8 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah bambino i know what mean i was really just looking for peoples views and paste expierience i will prob wait till both reasleased and have a play with them.

Message 9 of 52

MI5
  • 145037 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I've not owned an S4 so I can't compare to that but the Z1 battery is tons better than my old S3 battery was.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 52