cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help i need to block a number!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i really need to block my ex boyfriends number i cant change my number as i use my phone for my work is there any way of getting his number blocked as he is starting to harrass me now?? please help thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Some phones will allow you to block incoming calls, if not report the caller to O2 Nuisance Calls Bureau, and the police, as this type of activity is illegal.

The caller will be advised of the implications of their actions, and that should be the end of it.

O2 will allow you one number change free of charge.

Hope this helps you.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If yours is a smartphone, there are applications out there that can block calls from specific numbers, anonymous caller IDs, etc, you can try that.

However I agree with perksie that the first point of call should be O2 and the police, as such activity needs to be reported to the people who have procedures to deal with it.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2's NCB will only deal with it if the call is coming from a witheld number or the police request information about the number. As you already have the offending number, you need to see the police. You will need to push them to do something about it. They will probably ask you to contact o2 and get your number changed. If this is not an option for you then you need to make that clear to them. Getting you to change your number is the easiest option for the police and they don't have to do anything.......and we all know how they'd like that grin
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i really need to block my ex boyfriends number i cant change my number as i use my phone for my work is there any way of getting his number blocked as he is starting to harrass me now?? please help thanks

Let us know your handset model, and we'll let you know if it can auto-reject calls. As already mentioned, if you have a Symbian or WM phone you can by call management software too.

SV
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some phones will allow you to block incoming calls, if not report the caller to O2 Nuisance Calls Bureau, and the police, as this type of activity is illegal.
The caller will be advised of the implications of their actions, and that should be the end of it.
O2 will allow you one number change free of charge.
Hope this helps you.

It might be worth actually contacting your ex and explicitly state that they should not contact you by phone, otherwise you will need to get the police involved.

Had a similar situation a while back, and that solved the issue, rather than getting the police involved and making everybody's lives more awkward.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't get the police involved. The police will have no idea what to do and end up just insulting him and making things worse.

Just find some way to block the number. No drama.
Message 7 of 7