cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had terrible service from february last year

Anonymous
Not applicable

im paying for a phone that has no service most of the time since feb 2013 ,still terrible service but 02 says its fine,even changed sims but no use,feel ripped off.....im in lockerbie area anybody else getting this terrible service...02 used to be great until i moved here....time to part company after 6 years with 02.....

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 - I have a Nokia Lumia 925 and yes I have tried that.

BoB - I tried complaining up to about 3 months into my contract trying to get out of it as I was advised by three different gurus prior to purchase that TuGo was available on windows phones. The only response I got was that there may be mast problems.

Complaining, unless you get ;lucky like piper (i think) did hasn't got me anywhere.  

Message 21 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel for you Buddy 😞
Message 22 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers - thing is I have 3 contracts (two for the kids) that are unusable except on wifi that will cost me £2400 over 2 years. I would have bought an ipod if I only wanted to use wifi.

Its pretty damn poor.

Message 23 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree , not good.

If they won't unlock then I see your other options possibly as ;

Sell the phone and buy a sim free unlocked version.

Ask a standalone cellphone shop / market trader to unlock it, although be aware of having phones force unlocked.
Message 24 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your input BoB, pretty sure o2 would agree with those options as they are at zero cost to themselves while I continue to pay £100pm for no service! 

I really don't know how they get away with it. Oh yes, clauses in the contract...that they don't have to actually provide the service you pay for. 

Message 25 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's ok.

Yes like all other businesses they cover themselves with T&C's.

To protect themselves and the consumer alike.
Message 26 of 51

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144824 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I'd still be complaining like mad, myself..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been confirmed by o2 that they will not unlock my phone as it was provided by a third party....

Message 28 of 51

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144824 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

This is one for @Toby to look into as I believe it is illegal to refuse to unlock a phone from a network regardless of where it was purchased.

We also know of hundreds of times in the past that O2 have unlocked them, so I'm not buying it at all right now?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I asked for official clarification on unlocking and this was the answer.

"Pay Monthly Non IPhone

If the handset has been purchased from O2 (voice, online, retail)

All handsets can be unlatched free of charge.

If the customer is still within contract, they must honour the remainder of their term.

The handset should have been used on the O2 network before it can be unlatched

Pay Monthly Iphone

If the phone has not yet been used on the O2 network, it cannot be unlocked by O2

If the customer is using an iPhone purchased from O2, Apple, CPW for use on O2: devices purchased from Orange, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Tesco or any foreign networks will not be unlocked.

The Phone must be activated on iTunes, non-activated iPhones cannot be unlocked

The Iphone will be unlocked FOC

Pay & Go Non IPhone

Pay & Go can only unlatch a handset after it has been active on the O2 Network for 12 Months.

Was the handset purchased from O2, or a 3rd party?

3rd party

If the customer has had their handset for 12 months, the phone can be unlatched at a cost of £15.

Was the handset purchased from O2, or a 3rd party?

O2

If the customer has had their handset for 12 months, the phone can be unlatched at a cost of £15.

Pay & Go IPhone

If the iPhone was purchased from O2, Apple, CPW or Phones 4u not for use on O2, O2 is unable to unlock their iPhone.

If the iPhone was purchased from O2, Apple, CPW or Phones 4u for use on O2, the phone will need to have been used against the customers number.

There is a charge of £15 to unlock the iPhone

Bars

Unlatching codes will not be provided if there are any active bars on the account

Can I unlatch while abroad?

Yes, the only condition is the customer must have both the O2 active SIM and another network active SIM with them to perform unlatching."
Message 30 of 51