Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty mast again

LukeR
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

a phome mast in my area was faulty for 6 weeks.

a few days ago it seemed to be fixed but now the internet has stopped working again.

i have noticed lots of other complaints about faulty masts on here.

it seems like o2 cannot keep their network working.

is there a way to make a complaint to o2.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@LukeR You're certainly entitled to make a complaint, but you might be better off reporting the fault using the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network#download

I'm sure it's a pain that your local mast has had problems, but it's not in O2's interest to see their customers without service. Faulty masts are something all networks have to deal with at some point. Masts break down, and some are harder to fix than others. It's not an exact science.

If you do lodge a complaint, as you've been without service for some time, O2 may offer you compensation as a goodwill gesture, but they're not obliged to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

LukeR
  • 41 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

i have already reported it twice but they wont fix it

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As I've said, O2 don't want unhappy customers. I'm sure it isn't a question of they 'won't' fix it. As you said, they did repair it, but it's broken down again.There are a myriad of reasons as to why that's happened, but it will get fixed eventually. By all means lodge your complaint, but at the end of the day, you have no choice other than to be patient, or change providers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Using the MyO2 app, the on-line Web Network Status tool and, if it still works, the O2 Network Status tool app repeatedly, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, is the only way to get things moving @LukeR. Do this during regular business hours. 

There is a limit to how many reports you can file in a day, so get anyone else in the area who also uses O2 to do likewise.

At the same time, keep poking O2 via social media (Twitter and/or Facebook). Be a thorn in their side for as long as it takes... Or until you get so fed up you call O2 for your code to move to another provider.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 9

LukeR
  • 41 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have some great news

o2 have turned off the faulty mast

my phones now connect to a further away but working mast, I can now use the internet again.

Message 7 of 9

LukeR
  • 41 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

update

the mast is back on and now it is working

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts