cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling mobilebradband

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to cancel my mobile broadband for my Ipad.  Monthly money paid regulary and on time . When I took contract out I was told that I could "easily" cancel anytime within a month. The reason was really to buy a new Ipad and possibly Iphone.  I'm told by online Guru to ring 202. I have been trying for the last couple of days but can't get through.  Rang the local Blyth store and spoke to Sales.  They say I must cancel via 202 and the lines are always busy due to orders for the ne Iphone.  I said that the only way I can stop the bill being created is to stop the bank payments. The sales assistant said that I can't do that. I asked if she could record our discussion or could I pop into the shop and could someone sign to say that I'd talked to them about trying to cancel.  She refused and kept talking over me and SHOUTING me down.  Didn't even have a chance to explain why I wanted to cancel.  They lost a deal there.

That's me finished with O2.  They have easy methods of changing payments to their benefit.  Obviously barriers to cancelling to keep getting money out of you.  I can't se why a mobile company doesn't have an online procedure enabling customers to cancel.  Won't get caught again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Information on cancelling here @Anonymous https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Please do not just cancel payments. The only person that will affect adversely is you and your credit rating...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Help guide to cancelling contracts here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
Just cancelling you direct debit will leave you with debt collectors after you and a negative credit score.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, sorry to hear about your bad experience when you spoke with the store. worried I'm going to drop you a quick PM shortly to discuss further in case we can help in any way.

Message 4 of 4