cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a bad signal here in silsden it's only says G on my phone(samsung galaxy s4),i change my network to 02 because i thought i will have a better signal but i was wrong,been to 02 shops but they always say wait for 2 weeks,it's nearly a year now and still bad signal,please do something about it... 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
In relation to the 8 weeks you mentioned, it is not as simple as that.

If customer services have been unable to assist then your next stage is to put your complaint in writing to complaintreviewservice@o2.com who will generally respond within a week or so. Until you have your final answer from them the Ombudsman won't consider your complaint and will refer you back.
Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Did you check the signal before you moved to O2?
Have you previously had a good signal with O2 or has something changed?
Help guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Look at these generic solutions http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Check your service status by typing your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk/

O2 is improving their network http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

I always suggest using a networks Payg sims where you live, work and commute to ensure it does give good service/signal.

The coverage maps are an indication only.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had bad signal since Christmas and now no signal at all in my house.
I am told there is a mast down and will be repaired by 14 may. This is still not repaired and I am told this is in the terms and conditions that your service may be in and out. Is this true and if so for how long am I expected to pay for a service I don't have?
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Yes, there is a clause in the contract that doesn't guarantee 100% coverage all the time....
As for what is a reasonable amount of time, is not covered though.
The best thing to do is to keep notes of how long the service was out for and then contact CS when everything is restored and ask nicely for a goodwill gesture on your account to compensate for the loss of service.
It's not a given but most times it is applied if asked for correctly wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was offered a good will discount but this would not give me a signal I need to be contactable at home that's why I have the phone
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will wait for 8 weeks to pass from my initial call and contact the ombudsman. I the meantime my brother is a radio presenter and his wife is a journalist I will get them to give O2 some feedback they deserve. I will never get another phone of them again.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 149555 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Fully understand your frustration but there's nothing we can do here for you, sorry.
There must be a valid reason why it is taking so long but unfortunately we may never know.....
It's also worth checking out other networks with PAYG sims before committing to a new contract.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could put your issues in writing here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Hope things get better for you.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel slightly confused here. 2g Should be fine for calls and texts. Are you saying that calls and texts aren't being through?

If your issue is data then I totally agree 2g is poor and won't really help. Do you have wifi at home?
Message 10 of 11