Your Future Community

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 671 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 19 Solutions

Hello everyone 😃

As we're now coming up to a month since I've been the Community Manager, I wanted to send this post so everyone can provide their thoughts on what you want to happen in the future on The Community! 

A few points to highlight so far ➡️

• The iPhone 15 & Watch Series 9 Megathread thread has been created with the help of @Chris_K 📱
  • O2 Rewards are up to date 💰
  • Improving my weekly quiz scores 😂
  • Getting to know some of the members better 🤝

With the help of @Chris_K and @ColinO2, I'm always looking to make improvements and we're currently looking to make some changes in the near future, such as updating all the Community Guides to ensure they'll be correct when all customers have been moved over to the 360 system.

I want to reach out to all members to ask what YOU want to see on The Community going forward and into 2024.

So feel free to comment below on any changes you'd like to see, or is there something from the past that was helpful that you want to see return?

If you don't want to comment on the thread, then you're most welcome to drop me a PM, there is also no timescale to get your thoughts across, so if you want to go away and have a think, that's fine 👍

Looking forward to hearing for you 😊

giphy (4).gif

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6738 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

In the Web my community awards appear as extra bills giving the credit for the month. In the App absolutely no mention

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 34

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36360 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

As well as the 5G and 4G Calling for PAYG, which plays into the 3G and 2G phase-out around the world, mentioned by @Enlli - I think the resumption or replacement for bringing additional products into a single MyO2 account has to be high on the list.

And whatever it is that causes the split port or missing OTP receipt is next, followed by definite steps for pairing a watch with a phone (iWatch or the Android variety).

Finally, some way of seeing what Cap or Bar is active on your own account would be a real boon.

Finally finally, lock guides so reply threads can't be added, or make it so a reply goes onto a Forum thread somehow.

Just a few observations, @Dave-O2 - and the Bejewelled/Chuzzle-like badges, some of those are a mystery 😆

1000007499.png

Message 12 of 34

macstorm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do your customer service department actually do any work? They refuse to respond to emails either direct or via resolver

This company has gone downhill fast since they joined with Virgin

Message 13 of 34

pgn
  • 36360 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Here's another thing I have noticed, increasingly, in the preceding 3 months or so - edit in Forum vs edit in Forum PM system:

Try this - if I copy and paste the info below from O2 Shop (info appears in a pop-up box in the shop) into a regular post, when I hit "Post Reply", it complains about invalid HTML, but this offending code gets removed and most of the content remains as pasted, see below for example (I use the Forum table feature here, which works after a fashion), and the message is posted:

Normal Forum Post Error:

pgn_2-1696757114745.png

Claim a starter pack and a pair of Galaxy Buds2 Pro. Ends 31 Oct.

Promoter: Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland residents (18+) only or registered companies in the same.  Purchase a Galaxy Z Flip5 or Galaxy Z Fold5 (Promotion Product) from a Participating Retailer between 29/09/2023 – 31/10/2023 and claim a Starter Pack and set of Buds2 Pro via redemption. No cash alternative. Participants must visit samsungoffers.claims/octoberoverdrive upload proof of purchase and provide all other required information (Claim). All Participants must claim within 30 days of purchase. Claim period closes on 31/11/2023. Maximum 1 Claim per Promotion Product purchased (maximum 4 Claims per household) and a maximum of 100 Claims per company participant. See samsungoffers.claims/octoberoverdrive for full Promotion terms.

UK data only. Fair Usage policy applies. Devices are subject to availability. 0% APR. Finance subject to status and credit checks. 18+. Direct Debit. Credit provided by Telefónica UK Ltd, SL1 4DX. Telefónica UK is authorised and regulated by the FCA for consumer credit and insurance. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.

However: Paste the same text into a PM here and it will complain about the HTML when you hit Send but that's it - hit Send again, no joy. Hit Send again, and the system complains about you having exceeded some PM count, try again later.

Error in PM system Try 1:

pgn_0-1696756811394.png

Try again, same error - 3rd try, you get:

pgn_1-1696756883096.png

Bug or Feature, @Dave-O2?

Message 14 of 34

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6738 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

The future's bright, the future is a red bar

Won't let me post the guide

Screenshot_20231008_123114_Chrome.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123255 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@pgn 

I see the same problem with pasting anything in PM's.

So I do it in One Note then get it into a PM by doing Shift > CTRL +V . Only then will it send via a PM.

I do all my WRQ's that way ie Copy whole quiz into One Note, add answers to One Note and transfer via PM in the method shown above.

If I didn't have One Note, I would not be able to paste and send anything via PM.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 34

pgn
  • 36360 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

The first thing to go should be that PITA survey, with its misplaced question-mark at the end of the message... 

1000007469.jpg

I shall think about the rest 😎

Is this something that has to show itself so many times an hour (for example)?

I ask as I can be on here at 11am and only see maybe 2 or 3 pop-ups in an hour - but come on around 6am, when the forum is (relatively) quiet, and I can get 5 in the space of 20mins!

Screenshot 2023-09-27 214545.png

It really is frustrating when trying to get a decent answer out for a problem posted, @Dave-O2.

And lo, as I saved this, up popped another one. Sheesh.

Message 17 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

As well as the 5G and 4G Calling for PAYG, which plays into the 3G and 2G phase-out around the world, mentioned by @Enlli - I think the resumption or replacement for bringing additional products into a single MyO2 account has to be high on the list.

And whatever it is that causes the split port or missing OTP receipt is next, followed by definite steps for pairing a watch with a phone (iWatch or the Android variety).

Finally, some way of seeing what Cap or Bar is active on your own account would be a real boon.

Finally finally, lock guides so reply threads can't be added, or make it so a reply goes onto a Forum thread somehow.

Just a few observations, @Dave-O2 - and the Bejewelled/Chuzzle-like badges, some of those are a mystery 😆

1000007499.png

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 34

rog2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dave 

Please cancel my O2 community 

Rog2

Message 19 of 34

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 671 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 19 Solutions

Hey everyone wave

I'm bumping this thread as I'd like to share some news hot off the press 😁

Over the past few months there have been a lot of change within our Community, which has included Martin and Breanna leaving and being replaced by myself after it was decided the management of the Community was being brought in house bringing an end to a 3rd party partnership which lasted over 10 years in September 2023.

Then in December 2023 after a 15 year career within O2/VMO2 Chris sadly also moved on after over 10 years of hard work making this Community the best it could be 🌠

All of the above are sorely missed and i'm sure we all appreciate their major contributions to making our Community what it is today 👏

As we enter 2024 and the page turns to our next chapter myself and @ColinO2 have BIG plans to take YOUR Community experience to the next level. As part of this plan we'll be looking to bring the O2 and Virgin Media Communities closer together and the first step on that journey is to introduce some new recruits who also currently have active roles on the Virgin Media Community. Please give them all a warm welcome fire  ↘️

@Melissa_F_O2@Lisa_cc-O2@Corey_C_O2@Michael_K_O2@Dan_M_O2@Jen_Y_O2@Kei-M_O2@Lucy_B_O2@Dean_C_O2 

To begin with their main focus will be to pick up moderation duties, especially when i'm taking time out either on holiday or brushing up my knowledge for the weekly quiz tongue_winking 

This is just the start and there will be much more to come, having also taken on board the feedback you've provided in this thread.

When there is more news to share, i'll update this thread accordingly 😎

If anyone has any questions feel free to drop me a PM or comment below ⬇️

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 20 of 34