Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse O2 upgrade advisor

Saijai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just spoken to the worst advisor on the phone.

I'm sure many if you have called and been unable to get through to customer service. As well as live chat.

All I e asked this man was "would different colours be released in time of a certain device"

He was literally yelling at me to ...
Call customer service on 202
Ask on live chat
And his final advice was to go to Samsung and buy what I wanted.

He then advised me that he was only telling me what he was told to by his manager.
I said that was a poor set of advice since 2 options are advice that is impossible and the third is telling me to go elsewhere to another company!

Proceeded to tell me that the only thing he can talk to is his dog.

He said it isn't in his interest to try to sell a phone colour that o2 doesn't have (fair enough bit that wasn't what I was asking).

I attempted to ask him if previously, in the older device, were other colours brought in.

Again he said it wasn't in his interest to know what was available of they don't have it.

Absolutely useless.

So...does anyone know if O2 get in phones of other colours at any point?

Like at a later date? Or are the colours they get in the beginning set and stay that way for the duration?

Honestly I feel like buying outright direct from Samsung with the way I was spoken to.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Call and speak to someone who actually gives a damn!

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Saijai It's difficult to get through at present because of the current crisis, as I'm sure you'd appreciate. The colour of your phone would not be considered a priority when so many people have completely lost their phone service. If you're unhappy you can lodge a complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Saijai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino You say that and I agree. But guess what? I can't get through to ask about my bill. Only to the upgrade team. That's o2s decision, not mine. Upgrade team is open and taking calls. Bills line isn't. That's how O2 has prioritised. I also received a text saying I hadn't paid my bill (I have) yet still can't get through to anyone. Not my fault they've only got the sales side open.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 or 08005884213
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
You can try calling using Skype
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823
Best time to try to get through is 8 am

Message 5 of 5