Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 (latest problems)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I wonder how many people are experiencing problems with Windows 10?

Interesting article here about the 'forced updates causing endless crash loops'

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/08/windows-10-forced-updates-causing-endless-crash-l...

My husband successfully installed it on his Toshiba laptop and has now removed it.

He found all library folders (documents pictures music etc) were 'read only' and could not be changed..

Apparently Microsoft have known about it since beta testing and have done nothing about it (from the forums he accessed to see if there was a fix)

Credit to @Bambino for the Forbes link

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been trying to install driven mad by the something (but we wont tell you what tee hee) has gone wrong and error codes that say "unexpected error" I cloned my pc home built win 764 ult to my server and so far have had to redeploy my "clone" twice rather glad I did this. The auto down load drove me nuts till I turned it off. I have been usingPCs    before Windows as a GUI was a tiny thought in Xerox Parcs mind!  The work arounds remind me old early DOS qdos etc and I have not had so much irritation since Windows 3.11 for workgroups. I avoided ME, Vista and W8 as horrors and hoped W10 would be better. My Asus net book an O2 freebie from ages ago upgraded fine the  W7 ult hp lap top has had duck fits and again has been restored from full image on its reserved partition. Only good thing is while waiting for downloads got my old Atari 2600 rebuilt to run into tv the joys of space invaders!

Message 41 of 46

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7491 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Managed to installed windows 10 on my amercain laptop without any problems slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 42 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
Managed to installed windows 10 on my amercain laptop without any problems slight_smile

What make is the laptop @blissgirl. Did you buy it in the States?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 46

blissgirl
  • 7491 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff it's a Toshiba laptop & was bought in states slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 44 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@Cleoriff it's a Toshiba laptop & was bought in states slight_smile

That's probably why you had no problems then @blissgirl. (it's an American laptop) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 46

blissgirl
  • 7491 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I didnt have any problems with my new HP laptop I got from argos it upgraded ok
Message 46 of 46