Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I have to take o2 to court??

Mto8989100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Being chased for a ‘debt’ now for over a year. 
agreed with o2 that there were no charges when terminating my contract but they keep appearing, now on to my third debt collection company!

eveytime o2 confirm the charges should be removed but it appears nobody can do it.

six complaints now made without a single reply, multiple promises of calls back from management without a single reply.

days worth of time wasted on the phone.

now affecting my mortgage application with a mark on my credit score.

what a completely inept company, can anyone help before I waste more time taking them to court?! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24070 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Mto8989100 No point wasting more time if this has been going on as long as you say. If you have a valid claim take them to court.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8114 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Take them to court for you and others put in your position. 

You are not alone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38810 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@Mto8989100 And let the Credit Reference Agencies know of your disputed transaction(s) with O2 so they can flag that record in your credit history - that way, your next purchase requiring credit checks will be advised to contact O2 about the disputed record on your file.

Good luck with the court proceedings.

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94355 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Mto8989100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies, I will get the paperwork in order

Message 6 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8114 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Might be of use down the line

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/article/2024/jul/23/cheap-virgin-media-o2-volt-broadband-deal-came...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 12

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

My personal advice @Mto8989100 would be to refer your complaints to the Ombudsman :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer. 

There have been several reports on here recently which have spoken well of the Ombudsman's investigations. It is potentially a quicker, cheaper and less stressful avenue that taking O2 to court.

Also, @pgn makes a very good point about keeping the Credit Reference Agencies updated. The three main consumer CRAs in the UK are Equifax, Experian and TransUnion :-

Credit | ICO

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 8 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Which would just further delay everything and be an additional waste of time.

Hit them hard. It's the only way they will learn and address the obvious issues they seem oblivious to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 12

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Which would just further delay everything and be an additional waste of time.

Hit them hard. It's the only way they will learn and address the obvious issues they seem oblivious to.

That's OK @MI5 as long as the downsides of pursuing O2 in the courts are recognised. The process will be time-consuming, potentially stressful and will involve some upfront financial cost. 

On the other hand, escalating to the Ombudsman is a fairly straightforward process with no cost involved and with little stress for the complainant. I fully understand the sentiments of your "hit them hard" statement, but the only way that O2 will learn is if there is a mass exodus of customers. 👍      

Message 10 of 12