cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are 02 upgrades so expensive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are o2 so expensive to upgrade with I can upgrade to a Samsung s8 for no up front cost and £44 per month,o2 want £9.99 up front then £51per month

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125843 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Buying the phone anywhere else but O2 wont give you the Refresh contract @Anonymous

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

This is considered a deal breaker for some...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93949 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Always go for the deal that meets your needs and you are comfortable with. Also be wary about coverage of the other networks. 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also @Anonymous if you go to CPW  or an independent you will be locked into a standard 24 month contract 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149157 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Freedom of choice.
No refresh, no o2 open discount, no family plan discount etc unless bought directly from o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
EE do the same now! Saw them advertise it. Upgrade every year.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149157 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
So do Sky and Virgin, but not available unless taken with the network directly, so the cheaper prices from CPW don't qualify.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 8

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Not so fast !

EE will do it after 12 months BUT with the following conditions:

1) You have to be signed up to their top EE Max tarries

2) You also have to return your old handset in mint condition c/w charger, box and accys.

EE will slap charges on if the handset isn’t in mint condition. With O2 there’s no need to do any of that.
Message 8 of 8