cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the s6 become cheaper??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping to upgrade to the s6 (as soon as possible really)... I'm hoping it goes cheaper once the s7 launches (after 11th March) - any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144550 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Usually, but no one on here can possibly know what O2 will do.
Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123045 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Well if its anything like my wait for the Note 3 to drop in price after they released the Note 4...it was at least a 6 month wait. Actually in one outlet the Note 3 was more expensive than the Note 4...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same with iPhone 6, before the 6S was released, the cheapest tariff was £44 a month, waited 6 months & im now on a £33 a month 

Message 4 of 14

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Hi there @Anonymous.
The S6 is available with a credit agreement as low as £360 on selected tariffs (about £80 up front), which is a fair bit lower than when the phone came out if I recall correctly. It's also a lot lower in price than the iPhone 6S which (in my opinion) is dwarfed by the Samsung.
I can't see it going down much further any time soon unfortunately - even the S5 neo is around the same price.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhoneDoc Anything is cheaper than iPhones, it's a given but the OP does have the option of going to an independent 

@Anonymous if you choose an independent like CPW then you won't have the benefits of o2 Refresh as you will be locked into a standard 24 month contract 

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'll hold out until April... if not looks like i'll just take the plung

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123045 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! I'll hold out until April... if not looks like i'll just take the plung

I bought one unlocked and sim free from Amazon yesterday . It was £369. Obviously only an option if you have that sort of money to 'spare'..  @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought one unlocked and sim free from Amazon yesterday . It was £369. Obviously only an option if you have that sort of money to 'spare'..  @Anonymous wink

thats a good deal, even with the s7 i cant see it dropping much below this for a while.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The refurb phone contracts seem quite a bit cheaper.. is there much risk with these types of phones? 

Message 10 of 14