Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I've had the exact same email from the CEO office.. Marked "private and confidential" so basically if we don't accept the blurb they've spun, its to the ombudsman we go? 🤔

I'm sorry but I do not accept that the look of the page changed but the options were left the same, and I wasn't complaining about ppi claims it's flipping ppl trying to sell me mobile contracts, from virgin of all ppl.!!

It's not good enough I'm afraid, but I need your guys advice on what to do next please? 😠
Message 171 of 189

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
I will respond to my complaint pointing out that I have had calls from CPW too (and the ppi / accident calls most likely came from CPW passing on my number).
If they still insist on lying about the preferences changing I will take it to the Ombudsman and also the ICO.
https://ico.org.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 172 of 189

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 I'll look at that link now.
Message 173 of 189

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I want to see the code that was uploaded and what parts of the code called on the settings configuration for that page.
Message 174 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Exactly the same email received by me. Now as I did not complain personally... I can only presume the complaint was sent on from here when we gave our phone numbers to Toby and Martin. So a block of numbers were sent and we all received the same bog standard reply. Ridiculous.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 175 of 189

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I want to see the code that was uploaded and what parts of the code called on the settings configuration for that page.

They would have corrected it by now wink

And to be honest what right do we have to request that data ?..........although ICO and/or a legal team may get access to it wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 176 of 189

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've had 2 already in the short time I've been here. I won't answer on TU but my wife answered one of them. Told them where to go and what to do when they got there in Thai wink

Message 177 of 189

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Well, deadlock letter received from complaints - still denying they changed anything and now telling me they don't give details to CPW either!
Patronised me by telling me to register with TPS (I already am) and suggested I ask the callers not to call me anymore.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 178 of 189

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So @MI5 .....is ICO your first stop ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 179 of 189

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Sure is.

Currently using:
Message 180 of 189