cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable
So...Is this a new issue?

Had a phone with Virgin and voicemail never worked. Would come up with the notification saying I have a voicemail but whenever I dialled in it said I had no messages.

Same thing again, new phone, with O2, new number, new simcard.

Says I have a voicemail - but 901 yields "no new messages, no saved messages"

I am expecting a call for a potential job fromman interview and feel I have lost that opportunity now.

Why is voicemail so difficult and requires ridiculous mailbox activations etc?

I remember getting my first mobile in 1998 and you just rang the service and got the bloody message. Now in 2016 (2014 with Virgin) you need a select set of options or settings done to use it.

Simple setting option

"Do you want voicemail" at the store

"Yes"

Done.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149601 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

All you need to know about VM here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p...
If you have a phantom message call yourself and leave a message, then listen to it and delete it.
That will clear and reset your VM account.

Turning on VM
Dial 1750 and press send
Turning off VM
Dial 1760 and press send

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149601 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

All you need to know about VM here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p...
If you have a phantom message call yourself and leave a message, then listen to it and delete it.
That will clear and reset your VM account.

Turning on VM
Dial 1750 and press send
Turning off VM
Dial 1760 and press send

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2