Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

ohsosky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've contacted customer service multiple times over the past 4 days over phone and chat and probably spoken to about 15 different people and want to share my experience. 

I've been an 02 customer for about 10 years. Never had any issues or complaints even when signal is terrible all the time and bills just go up and up. 

I decided to upgrade my phone because I've paid it off around a year ago and it's getting slow. did the usual upgrade on the app, and selected delivery. All seems good. 

I've then got no emails at all over the next few days about my delivery. I check in with o2 who send me DPD tracking which says I need the pin code to accept it. I don't have this and I'm told it's all good they have sent a request to get me it and when it is delivered the delivery driver will be able to send it to me. 

Fast forward to delivery, I do as I'm told and ask the driver to send it to me who then gets really annoyed, says he can't do that and starts shouting at me and pushes into my home when I'm trying to ask a question about what happens now to the parcel, will the redeliver? I'm a single woman living alone and was really shaken by this. 

I then phoned back o2 and explained what happened. I was told the pin needs to be requested by o2 and this hasnt been done.. they do it again. Tell me I'll get my delivery tomorrow. 

The next day arrives and my tracking now says being held at depot. I call and ask o2 what this means, has my pin been updated. Nope and I get hung up on. I call back and am hung up on again after I explain my issues. Obviously the advisors are thinking they cant be bothered to help me. 

I then call again and I'm told they are contacting DPD (again) to get this resolved and to wait... again. Now the deal I got had expired so I asked, if I don't get this delivery what will happen? Nobody would give me a straightforward answer, assuring me I would get the delivery. But I pressed on this and was then told they couldn't uphold the deal I got if the delivery did not come. I was really upset at this point and decided to wait till the next day to see what happened. 

On the next day, i still had no pin and called back. Was told I would need to wait till tomorrow for the pin. At this point I asked to cancel the order and they said they cant but have asked it to be returned to them and I now must want 10-14 days for this and then I will be on the tariff only which is higher than my previous tariff was before upgrade. 

I think this is really ridicilous. I've made no error at all in my order, I get texts and emails from o2 and this is an issue with them. so not only have I lost out on the new upgrade offer, I've lost out on my old tariff offer and will now be paying £10 more a month for the same tariff? 

I then asked how to complain and was told they cannot do this, they can only do a GDPR request. I say I don't want to make a GDPR request just a complaint. 10 minutes letter i get notification on email that my GDPR request is logged. 

what is actually going on with o2 customer service? 7 days later from ordering I don't have my phone and its still showing as stuck at depot. Every time i call nobody helps me. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125924 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@ohsosky 

I see you mention the amount of time you've called O2.

You should try social media. They are UK based and tend to be much more helpful.

Contact on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7913 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Not the first one today having problems with these PIN codes. The last complaint saw them sending the PIN to an old number and all attempts at getting it changed seem to have failed.

We can't help here as customers but I will suggest you contact the UK based Social Media team. Links in this guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

ohsosky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've never even had a different number which is the annoying thing. I've had my o2 number since I was a child and nobody will take accountability for this 😞 I dont have twitter but have just tried to reach out on instagram and facebook thanks 

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125924 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@ohsosky 

Best of luck. You may need to give them another nudge if they don't answer today.

Also try via DM (Direct Message)

Fingers crossed. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5