cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to be running round in circles at the moment trying to unlock my phone.

I sent in the form (android phone 18 months into 2 year contract) and got a mailed reply saying it's not an O2 phone. (And also giving me an email address to reply which apparently doesn't work any more - not really part of the problem except it's very unprofessional).

I paid O2 a hefty sum at the beginning of my contract & am paying them monthly for the contract & phone. How is it not an O2 phone? Or am I missing something obvious :s

TIA to anyone with ideas.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Says it all Rich
Message 41 of 48

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I honestly think the request came back denied was because it was already unlocked. The imei did not match a locked device so the process could not continue.
Message 42 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I honestly think the request came back denied was because it was already unlocked. The imei did not match a locked device so the process could not continue.

Exactly - seen it loads of times before

"It's not an o2 phone" is correct in this case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 43 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're right and that's why it came back denied. But 'it's unlocked already' would have been far more helpful than 'it's not an O2 phone' which just led to confusion on my part and an extremely long thread which mostly seems to be people arguing 😞

Message 44 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

No one arguing mate - just discussing the finer points o2's systems.
Anyway, it's all your fault for not mentioning CPW in your first post LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 45 of 48

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
To be fair, that was said on page one, seventh post.
That's the problem when bringing third party resellers into It. Some people think carphone warehouse are their network or think that they need to cancel with o2 before joining cpw.
A lot of muddying something that the consumer needs clarity on.
Message 46 of 48

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

No one arguing mate - just ........

........healthy disagreement wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 47 of 48

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

No one arguing mate - just ........

........healthy disagreement wink

As customers we can only speak of our, and other customers, experience and knowledge. It's always good though to get input from members of O2 staff, they should obviously know exactly the correct procedure for unlocking so speaking for myself, I'm happy to learn about or even debate various aspects of customer service. There is certainly no malice directed personally at anyone in this thread, of that I'm quite sure.

Maybe it's time to put this particular thread to bed, I would hate for anyone to be upset about any comments made in good faith which were only meant to help answer the problem the OP had initially. As far as I'm concerned that has now been resolved so big hugs and congratulations all round.Hug

Message 48 of 48