Did you mean: 

Unbelievable

Astro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just putting it out there…the real o2 

In September 2022 I returned a device which o2  acknowledged they had received in September 2022 and the account is now closed with a zero balance along with email confirmation.

In January 2023 o2 instructed Moorgate collection agency to collect an outstanding debt for the device that was returned and acknowledged.

I was called anytime of day visited to my property demanding payments and threatening interest and court proceedings telling me the would put a charge against my property.

I told Moorgate there has been a mistake on o2 behalf please go back to o2 and speak to them…o2 continued to instruct Moorcroft and they harassed myself and even an ex girlfriend which as you are aware it’s quite worrying the kind of behaviour

Not only causing myself and my partner stress and worry it affected my credit rating by 94 points for something that was not my fault.

In August 2023 after moorcroft relented along came Lowell with the same demand and once again I told the company this is an error

Finally on Nov 1st 2023 I have confirmation that the item was returned in September 2022 over 12 months later …all the above was completely unnecessary and the damage and stressed caused was with prejudice clearly.

What a way to conduct businesses,

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Astro 

You need to formulate and articulate a complain that is both factual and expresses your feelings and the distress that this has caused you. I suggest that you schedule the facts and then describe the actual damage done - both to your credit score and to your mental health.

You could approach the Citizens Advice Bureau for help drafting this. It is also a good idea to suggest what outcome you would be prepared to accept, which might be something like :-

1. for O2 to take immediate steps to rectify the adverse impact on your credit rating. 

2. for O2 to let you have a written apology. 

3. for O2 to let you have an ex-gratia offer of financial compensation in respect of the costs that you have suffered in terms of time, expense and stress as a result of their failings. 

That will go to the O2 complaints' team and to Resolver. I suggest that you do not mention the Ombudsman at this stage - you might get a response from O2 that you decide meets your needs.   

Message 11 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today I have been told the account is closed and nothing is outstanding. No apology no help with repairing a credit record that was nearly perfect …so I asked for a final response letter so I can go to the ombudsman. 
Only to be asked re you sure it’s o2 account that your being chased for by Lowell…

Responding to your query

Thank you for your 2 emails, I will respond to both in this one email.

I have raised a query with O2 and once a response has been received we will contact you with the outcome.

Next Steps

The account remains on hold until a response has been received from O2.

Message 12 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Please keep us updated

They should be held accountable for trashing your credit and personally, I would take it as far as possible

Message 13 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pesonally I would be looking for hefty compensation offered £150 admitted full liability 

I hope O2 has corrected your credit file…..they have agreed to amend file 

£10.71p for 14 months of stress harassment damaged credit file ..I declined ombudsman..then small claims 

Message 14 of 25

Oxonian
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Astro 

That seems a fair enough way of going forward. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 15 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What do you consider reasonable….14 months of constant chasing …stress …30hours on the phone over 14 month period all documented …the problem is these companies are all the same 

Message 16 of 25

Oxonian
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Astro 

I think that if you are looking for proper recompense, that is a question for a legal advisor to answer.

What I can say is that UK courts do not award punitive sums, so you need to keep your demands reasonable.

It also depends on whether you are prepared to go to the small claims' court or whether you are really looking for O2 to settle with you.    

Message 17 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

they have the option to settle …they offered 150 for 14 months of hell 0.35 per day …I broke down an hourly rate minimum wage for calls …stress and harassment…I will go to court it’s about the treatment the compensation is irrelevant they can’t mess up peoples lives and have no accountability 

Message 18 of 25

Oxonian
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Astro 

OK, good luck, please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 19 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will do ….i imagine it will either be quick or drawn out …enjoy the weekend 

Message 20 of 25