Did you mean: 

Unbelievable

Astro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just putting it out there…the real o2 

In September 2022 I returned a device which o2  acknowledged they had received in September 2022 and the account is now closed with a zero balance along with email confirmation.

In January 2023 o2 instructed Moorgate collection agency to collect an outstanding debt for the device that was returned and acknowledged.

I was called anytime of day visited to my property demanding payments and threatening interest and court proceedings telling me the would put a charge against my property.

I told Moorgate there has been a mistake on o2 behalf please go back to o2 and speak to them…o2 continued to instruct Moorcroft and they harassed myself and even an ex girlfriend which as you are aware it’s quite worrying the kind of behaviour

Not only causing myself and my partner stress and worry it affected my credit rating by 94 points for something that was not my fault.

In August 2023 after moorcroft relented along came Lowell with the same demand and once again I told the company this is an error

Finally on Nov 1st 2023 I have confirmation that the item was returned in September 2022 over 12 months later …all the above was completely unnecessary and the damage and stressed caused was with prejudice clearly.

What a way to conduct businesses,

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Standard these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 25

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Sorry to hear you were dragged through the mire, along with those close to you (and perhaps not so close), @Astro 

Should you wish to pursue within O2 and then elsewhere once formal channels have been exhausted:

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Resolver seems to yield good results, way down near the end of the page.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 25

iLLmiX
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly, this does not surprise me one bit. 

I've recently come across from Virgin Media and their processes + customer services are beyond awful. 

Message 4 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No apologies for the grief caused or impact on credit file due to negligence on top of that no accountability for there actions. I feel like taking them to the ombudsman but not sure if it will solve anything 

Message 5 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Absolutely diabolical treatment by O2

Pesonally I would be looking for hefty compensation

I hope O2 has corrected your credit file

In my experience they don't seem to admit credit file errors

Message 6 of 25

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Astro 

I would seriously consider invoicing O2 for the time, expense and stress and warning that if they do not settle, you will seek judgement plus costs in the small claims' court. 

If you do this, I suggest that you keep your figures reasonable as the court is unlikely to look favourably on sums that it considers to be punitive.    

Message 7 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

there has been no indication of credit file correction, and I get told the account is now closed …

compensation I would know how much to ask for…stress the constant calls from these collection agency 

harassing my ex partner then appointing another agency …final I got an email a year later on the 1st Nov  2022 clearly stating the account was closed in sept 2022 …why the debt collection..

There so big they don’t care ..its a numbers game 

Message 8 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

November 2023 not 2022

Message 9 of 25

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No credit file correction, compensation I haven’t mentioned it as of yet …don’t know where to start and what’s fair….collection agencies ..credit file ..stress and the hounding 

Message 10 of 25