cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel contract by email but getting no reply :S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so my contract finishes on the 12 of Feb. As I am living in Australia now, I would like to cancel this contract when it expires. I don't particulary want to call them up to cancel it as the roaming charges will be ridiculous, so I used the facility in My O2 to email them. I sent one on Friday and received no reply, and sent one on Monday which received no reply as well. I would send another today, but I think I am just wasting my time.
What is going on? I know you don't want to lose any customers, but this is ridiculous. I need this done asap, as you have to give 30 days notice, and I don't want to pay for another month.
Lift your game O2!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
as you are pay monthly and you have an active o2 phone use the international number to call o2 for free +448448090200 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71445&hilit=international
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this the facility you used?
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help
If so they will get in touch with you within 48 hours if not as suggested you can call them using your O2 customer service +448448090200 you will not be charge for this. If they don't email you, give them a warning that you will cancel the direct debit so they cannot charge you anymore and give them your email to send your final bills so you can pay them.
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
If so they will get in touch with you within 48 hours if not as suggested you can call them using your O2 customer service +448448090200 you will not be charge for this. If they don't email you, give them a warning that you will cancel the direct debit so they cannot charge you anymore and give them your email to send your final bills so you can pay them.

Poor advice, you must never unilaterally cancel a direct debit as the effect on your credit rating will come back to haunt you.
O2 Complaint Review Service is the way to go.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor advice, you must never unilaterally cancel a direct debit as the effect on your credit rating will come back to haunt you.
O2 Complaint Review Service is the way to go.

Did you know that she has moved to Australia? And has no time for this provider to make her wait? I actually wrote here to email them with warning as her email has been ignored! This warning works for them as they don't want customer to be disappointed with the services and they want to end their contract in a nice way!
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried the online chat facility? Log into MyO2 and look for it on the left hand side, or browse around for a bit and a chat window normally pops up after a while. You should be able to sort it out that way, I've always found them very knowledgeable and helpful, the same as talking over the phone essentially!
Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
As the op never responded after my reply I assumed that they had sorted it with the help provided
This thread was resurected by a new user not offering any more usefull advice some 16 days after I posted.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7