Did you mean: 

Tips to keep your device in good health

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Last year, we posted some ideas on how to Spring clean your smartphone, and got a lot of additional useful info from your own experiences in the discussion. We'd now like to talk, more broadly, about how to keep your device in good health!

The top tips O2 Gurus shared in the video above are:

• Make sure your phone can bounce back after bumps and thumps with a case and screen protector.
  • Avoid moisture indoors and out, because warranties don't cover water damage, keep your phone dry💧
  • Fix bugs and help keep your phone secure, by installing updates as soon as they land.
  • Back up regularly: don't lose priceless pics, must-keep messages and your special numbers.
  • Phones and batteries don't like it too hot, or too chilly: avoid extreme temperatures ❄️🔥
  • Always use quality chargers, the one that came with your phone is best.
  • Everyone needs a break every now and then: a weekly restart will refresh your phone settings and memory.
  • We all need a little room to breathe slight_smile Keeping storage free helps your phone perform better.
  • Battery apps may sound great, but installing them can slow your phone down - don't use them. 
  • Still need help? Make an appointment with one of our gurus at your local O2 Store!

Are they any other tips you guys can think of to keep a device in good health?

Let us know in the comments!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@welshsteve76 @gmarkj @JAZZ-trad @jonsie 

Good questions again! I'll do a bit more digging for you and see what I can find slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 31 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I think the main point was, @jonsie's Honor View should have come with a charger as indicated by his screen shot. It didn't, so that was a weird one as it required him to buy a charger before he could use the phone....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 35

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I passed on the screenshots from the Shop page, so that if it's an error it can be corrected, and if I find out anything else I'll give you all a shout here thumbsup

signature

Message 33 of 35

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Would the "cost price" charge apply if you bought from an O2 shop?  Or would it only be if you contacted O2 directly to obtain one?  My experience of the staff in O2 shops in recent years has not been great (used to be top notch in my local store).

@welshsteve76 I found out more on this one for you now, and you would need to and to contact Customer Service to purchase at cost price, this can unfortunately not be done in store. That being said, it's good feedback I've passed on, and in case you have a disappointing experience in an O2 store or over the phone, do let us know and we'll make sure to feed that back to the team for you!

Regarding the HONOR View20, I'm still looking into it so please bear with me guys slight_smile

signature

Message 34 of 35

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Would the "cost price" charge apply if you bought from an O2 shop?  Or would it only be if you contacted O2 directly to obtain one?  My experience of the staff in O2 shops in recent years has not been great (used to be top notch in my local store).

@welshsteve76 I found out more on this one for you now, and you would need to and to contact Customer Service to purchase at cost price, this can unfortunately not be done in store. That being said, it's good feedback I've passed on, and in case you have a disappointing experience in an O2 store or over the phone, do let us know and we'll make sure to feed that back to the team for you!

Thanks @EmilieT 

Thanks

Steve
Message 35 of 35