Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Up.. More like Switch Off and Rip Off

MitchelllCherry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When upgrading my phone in January, i was sold a contract under the premise that i can change my phone every 90 days. When i attempted to upgrade today i was refused on account of having multiple connections under my name. Nowhere does it state on my contract that there was a limit to the amount of connections i could have nor would that effect an upgrade. I have attempetd this both in a store and then again via the MyO2 App where I got the same error message. 

I attempted to contact your customer service about this issue but they were incompetent and were unable to help other than simply asking me to wait another 3 months to try again... but im still going to have the same issue. Nowhere when i signed up did it mention a limit to the amount of connections i was allowed, nor that any connections above 8 would impact any future upgrades. All in all you're in Breach of Contract, and False advertising, something which I will be taking up with OfCom and Trading Standards. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7802 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

We are all customers here, nobody from O2 will read your post.

Not sure about trading standards but OFCOM only note complaints from individual customers 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148933 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28446 Solutions

@MitchelllCherry 

You need to follow the complaints process and escalate to the Ombudsman if not resolved.

make a complaint

Customer Complaints Code

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3