cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop phoning me from 01612776642

Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving daily unsolicted calls from O2 on 01612776642.

I have great difficulty speaking on the phone due to medical problems amd when I tried to speak to the woman that called yesterday, the vile creature just slammed the phone down on me. 

I tried to report this using your "live chat" - because O2 refuse to provide an email address or even the most basic way to make a complaint without speaking or using 19th century "snail mail" and the idiot I got through to was deliberately obstructive (he refused to say whether or not the call was genuine and slimed useless, evasive garbage like saying "that's a landline" when I demanded an answer).  Th idiot even tried to turn my call into a sale-pitch - asking if i am "happy with my phone"!!!!!

I just received ANOTHER call from the same number - again from some stating that he's calling from O2.  When I told him that you denied any knowledge of that number, he insisted that he was calling from O2.

I have googled the number and there's no doubt that it's O2 doing this - http://checkwhocalled.co.uk/phone-number/01612776642 is one of many examples all reporting this annoying trash in the last few days.

Since you refuse to permit us to contact you except via a pointless and clearly abused system that conveniently doesn't allow us to keep copies of the lies and drivel your staff are paid to spout to fob us off - will you kindly get these calls stopped immediately and tell your management that your sales drones are hanging-up on disabled customers and your "live chat" staff are making O2 look like a bunch of crooks.

Needless to say you won't care but I'll be taking my business to another provider - I won't pay money over to companies that abuse me for being disabled.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Well I am more than happy (and would very much like) to investigate it should you wish @Anonymous and its why I wanted details. The choice is entirely up to you. Once again, sorry to hear that this has happened.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie...

O2's call centres are in Manchester - so the phone number fits.

More importantly - if the number I quoted is not O2's, why did the idiot on "live chat" refuse to say so?  And why haven't the O2 staff on this forum simply said "Nothing to do with O2" - there'd be no need for "an investigation".

If you owned O2 and were told - directly informed - that someone was making calls to your customers and claiming to be calling from your offices, would you say "so what" or would you at least want to TRY to get it stopped for your company's sake?

Bottom line - O2 have now had a lot of chances to admit or deny owning that number and making the calls (and thereby admitting employing the ignorant woman who called yesterday) - and each time they've passed on the option or - as in yesterday's "live chat" - tried to BS their way into deliberately avoiding the question.  (And I did ask it absolutely directly).

And even if - at the very most - they didn't make the calls, they most defintely DID man their own "live chat" system yesterday and that's as bad as the slammed-down call itself.

Message 12 of 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123379 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The more into detail you go the more I am convinced this is not o2 calling you.

Which is what I said in my first post. I searched on google (5 sites) and not once was O2 mentioned in relation to this number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the phone number I've quoted owned by O2 - or owned by any party operating on behalf of O2?

Is the "live chat" accessed via O2's website owned and manned by O2 - or by any party operating on behalf of O2?

Message 14 of 58

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's not O2,
Forum users describe the call as stating "I'm from o2" and then asking questions regarding current tariff that O2 would already know the answer to.
Message 15 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were O2 and you were told that someone was phoning your customers and claiming to be calling from you - would you ignore the reported fraud?

Would you refuse to even answer the very simple question - "Is this your number?"

And even if the calls are not from (or authorised by) O2 - they can't deny owning and staffing the "live chat" and being responsible for the sneering, evasive response I got yesterday.

Message 16 of 58

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Cannot find an end user of that number tbh, all reports come from the last week so I'm guessing another junk trusted partner has got a new number to get terminated by mass spam cold calling.
How upsetting to have trash like that insult you for something like that.
For the record, ime O2 operators are far more professional..
Message 17 of 58

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I just rang them.
It's "intelling" and they are calling "on behalf of o2"
http://intelling.co.uk/

Knock yourself out
Message 18 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching through these forums proves interesting - including examples of O2 denying owning cold-calling numbers and then admitting that they actually do - and a lot of people reporting that the maketing prefs "opt-out" suddenly vanished from "My O2" (at least on PAYG) just before these calls from Mnachester started (and O2's call centre just happens to be based in Manchester).

Suffice to say - I am still waiting for someone from O2 to confirm or deny their connection to that number.  There should be no need for speculation on that matter - it's a simple enough question.

Message 19 of 58

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions