cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop phoning me from 01612776642

Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving daily unsolicted calls from O2 on 01612776642.

I have great difficulty speaking on the phone due to medical problems amd when I tried to speak to the woman that called yesterday, the vile creature just slammed the phone down on me. 

I tried to report this using your "live chat" - because O2 refuse to provide an email address or even the most basic way to make a complaint without speaking or using 19th century "snail mail" and the idiot I got through to was deliberately obstructive (he refused to say whether or not the call was genuine and slimed useless, evasive garbage like saying "that's a landline" when I demanded an answer).  Th idiot even tried to turn my call into a sale-pitch - asking if i am "happy with my phone"!!!!!

I just received ANOTHER call from the same number - again from some stating that he's calling from O2.  When I told him that you denied any knowledge of that number, he insisted that he was calling from O2.

I have googled the number and there's no doubt that it's O2 doing this - http://checkwhocalled.co.uk/phone-number/01612776642 is one of many examples all reporting this annoying trash in the last few days.

Since you refuse to permit us to contact you except via a pointless and clearly abused system that conveniently doesn't allow us to keep copies of the lies and drivel your staff are paid to spout to fob us off - will you kindly get these calls stopped immediately and tell your management that your sales drones are hanging-up on disabled customers and your "live chat" staff are making O2 look like a bunch of crooks.

Needless to say you won't care but I'll be taking my business to another provider - I won't pay money over to companies that abuse me for being disabled.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie wrote:

I knoe the way it's gone. The OP won't accept advice from customers who give up their time freely to try and help. So be it and he can now pm toby or leave o2. 

The options he had at the start then 

Message 51 of 58

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What is it you actually want Pete?
O2 to admit that the call and chat were officially sanctioned by a call/chat centre acting on behalf of o2, acting on behalf of ronan, acting on behalf of Telefonica, acting on behalf of shareholders?
But not privately by means of pm thus keeping in line with any data protection based on investigation based upon info required by Toby to give the answer you need?
Message 52 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly where did O2 "admit that the call and chat were officially sanctioned"?

Yesterday's caller claimed to be from O2

Yesterday's "Live chat" operator claimed to have no record of any call and stated that the number was "just a landline"

Today's caller claimed that he was callin "from O2"

No-one from O2 has given ANY response on that question on this forum. 

Message 53 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No-one from O2 has given ANY response on that question on this forum. 

And no-one from O2 will give any response to that question on this community forum......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 58

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Toby has, but you have refused his help.
Message 55 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Maybe we would understand better what you wanted if we knew what your ultimate aim in all of this was?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 56 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Maybe we would understand better what you wanted if we knew what your ultimate aim in all of this was?

I doubt there is an aim as he isn't taking any of the advice given to him or offered by@Toby he might as well move to another provider if he refuses any assistance 

Message 57 of 58

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I am closing this discussion, as the issue cannot be solved here. @Anonymous, we would really like to investigate this for you and I can understand why it has frustrated you. Please send me a private message, as we need to take your private details so that we can track the call. I cannot do this publicly for the safety of your information. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 58 of 58