cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff Incompetence

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I'd share the total incometence I just experienced from an O2 advisor. Feel free to have a read. The incompetence of the first guy I spoke to amused and shocked me all at the same time:

General Information
Chat Start Time Oct 17 2016, 11:21:35 AM
Chat End Time Oct 17 2016, 12:02:06 PM
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:40:31
Operator o2
Chat Transcript

info: Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.
info: You are through to O2
PATRICK: Hi There. I get 10gb a month, I started my contract this month, and it continues to show 0mb available
O2: Hello, it's O2 here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?
O2: Please don't worry Patrick, I'll quickly check this for you.
O2: However, before I check this for you lets do a quick security check?
PATRICK: OK.
O2: Thanks.
O2: Can I just confirm your full name & mobile number you're contacting us about?
PATRICK
O2: Perfect!
O2: Are you the account holder?
PATRICK: yes
O2: Can you tell me the 3rd and 4th characters of your security answer please?
PATRICK
O2: brilliant!
O2: That's the one.
O2: You got that right in the first go.
O2: Thank you for confirming the details.
O2: Patrick please allow me a minute while I check the details for you on your account.
O2: Are you still there?
PATRICK: Yes I'm still there. You are still checking the details!?
O2: I have checked your account.
O2: Patrick I see that all you data is been consumed.
PATRICK: errrr no it hasn;t
PATRICK: Check again - look at my data use.
PATRICK: It has said 0mb since the day I started the contract
O2: May I know your contract start date?
PATRICK: Erm.... Surely you should know that since you have my account in front of you ?
PATRICK: 11th October - So less than one week ago
O2: Yes Patrick, your right.
O2: Due to security reasons we need to confirm such details.
O2: Just a minute more so that I can check this.
O2: Patrick please allow me a minute more.
PATRICK: No problem. I'm still here
O2: Patrick can you please remove the SIM, wipe it with a clean cotton cloth and insert it back?
PATRICK: Done
O2: Does it still not work?
PATRICK: My data is working fine
PATRICK: The data works fine! It just lists as 0mb available in My O2
PATRICK: It implies I have no data allowance - It says 0mb of 0mb available
O2: Patrick I have rechecked this.
O2: It shows as 100% utilised.
PATRICK: Yes. I am aware of that. Because it thinks that my allowance is 0mb
O2: Do you wish to add some data to your account?
PATRICK: It is not possible that I would have used 10gb in less than a week. Don't be ridiculous.
PATRICK: I have barely used my phone, my data is WORKING perfectly, and the bill is not going up, you should be able to see that on my account! It is FUNCTIONING as it should but it is DISPLAYING as 0mb out of 0mb, implying that the allowance of my contract is 0MB
O2: I understand your situation Patrick.
O2: I understand that 10GB in a week is not possible.
PATRICK: I don't think you do understand my situation, because you just asked if I want to add data to my account....
O2: Patrick your date must have got consumed because of running applications.
PATRICK: OH MY GOODNESS, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME. IT IS NOT IMPLYING THAT MY DATA IS USED UP, IT IS SAYING I DIDNT HAVE ANY TO USE IN THE FIRST PLACE
O2: Patrick I understand what you are trying to say.
O2: However I have checked everything for you.
O2: I can only see that the data is consumed, however if you say that you were unable to use any then I'll connect your chat to our guru team.
O2: They will be able to check the reason why this has happened.
PATRICK: I am able to use my data perfectly fine, as I already said twice. Are you able to transfer me to someone who actually knows what they are doing?
PATRICK: Please transfer me, your incompetence is simply shocking.
PATRICK: It's not personal, but I've tried to explain so many times now, and you are just not understanding what I'm saying...
O2: Please stay connected Patrick.
O2: I'll quickly get the concerned person to get the sorted for you.
info: You have been transferred to queue Guru 2nd Line
O2: Good Morning, One moment please whilst i look at the previous chat, thanks.
PATRICK: Good luck.
O2: are you referring to my o2 when you are stating its showing 0mb?
PATRICK: Yes
O2: it wont update until the bill date as you have transferred your number across
PATRICK: Why couldn't the previous person just tell me that?
O2: i have no idea, i do apologise but on the 11th of November it will update for you
PATRICK: Please can you make sure that previous adviser is either retrained or slapped appropriately?! Totally shocked at his incompetence....
O2: i will definitely get this fed back i will speak to my manager, again i really do apologise!
PATRICK: Thanks very much. You were 10000 times more helpful in a fraction of the time!
PATRICK: Thanks - Have a good day.
O2: you too patrick!
info: Patrick has left the chat

This electronic message contains information from Telefonica UK or Telefonica Europe which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

Switchboard: +44 (0)113 272 2000

Email: feedback@o2.com

Telefonica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 1743099. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85

Telefonica Europe plc 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 05310128. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85

Telefonica Digital Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX Registered in England and Wales: 7884976. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear that the conversation did not go well! I shall report this back to the rest of the team.

(As the forum is publicly open, I have edited out some of your personal info to be as safe as possible)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147099 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
I wouldn't rely on live chat......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 124297 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Absolutely shocking if honest. You are meant to go to someone who knows what has happened. The conversation shows that the first person who handled the chat had no basic knowledge whatsoever...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93333 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Incredible......This type of chat and basic lack of training reflects badly on O2 who pride themselves on first class customer service and user experience. The next quarter government customer satisfaction figures could be interesting unless O2 really improve their live chat training.

Message 5 of 5