Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID/NFC

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

How many people have started utilising this tech in your phones or credit/debit cards?

I have a friend who has developed a case for NFC equipped phone that can distort the signal unless its being actively used by the user.

He also has developed a credit card sized deflecter for use in wallet applications (saves buying a new wallet/you can keep the wallet/purse of your choice)

I'm just trying to gather info into the useage of the tech before I drop some money into his designs to further the concepts:)

Look forward to your replies:)

EDIT:I think I've posted in the wrong section and it won't let me delete:( rather than spam if a mod could move it:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly, keyless entry is approximately is 250 metres but dependent on the surroundings can be as low as 50 metres and as much as 500 metres. Sure most run around the 150khz.

Message 31 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I won't lie I'm defiantly taking advantage of their free sample pack haha. Why pay for stuff:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did that website help then?

Message 33 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It was great:) I'm not sure if the sample pack will have any rfid chips(if it does brilliant)

I only need about 100 to make sure the design reproduces easily without it have been a fluke. We're at 92% secure. The 8% is including the chips that have burnt out from overvolting (only way we can find of defeating the security:)
Message 34 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will take a 2% on overall sales. lol

Message 35 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Haha were only considering a royalty of .5p per card produced.

Looking at production costs and if comparable to current credit card costs well approach the banks:) if we go in with a estimated royalty of 1p per card ruby we'd happily haggle;)

Phone concept is dead in the water at the moment 😞 produces too much interference with the gsm signal:( 

wallet idea is all too easy and is completed already, just unsure if we can patent it yet:/

Message 36 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

How dare you!! lol

Message 37 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha:)

Well send you a freebie how's that?:)
Message 38 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuff it where the signal can not get!  Oh hang on thats the point!!! hehe

Message 39 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha I don't imagine much of an uptake on rectal hidden rfid cards:)
Message 40 of 46