cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Postage and what else ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello , sending a new phone back to O2 and apart from the Freepost label supplied by them should I pay for extra postage as well as the Proof of Postage ?

TIA

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you both for your replies  ... think I will do as advised , costed it up on P.O website as about £8  .....

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello , sending a new phone back to O2 and apart from the Freepost label supplied by them should I pay for extra postage as well as the Proof of Postage ?

TIA

I would send it recorded delivery...then you can track it and be sure it has been received. Up to you entirely...but this is how I would do it....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I too always send them recorded delivery just to be on the safe side. Nothing like a signature on receipt of the phone for peace of mind....

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you both for your replies  ... think I will do as advised , costed it up on P.O website as about £8  .....

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you are very wise...it really is a lot of money should a mobile phone go missing. Better be safe than sorry. Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks !
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fyi recorded delivery is no safer than normal post. All it means is there is a signature at the other end IF it gets there.

High end mobile phones can be worth in excess of £500. Recorded delivery will not cover you for this.

I send phones by Royal Mail Special Delivery, costs about £7.50 but the difference is every Royal Mail member of staff that touches it has to sign for it all the way through their system and the insurance cover is higher.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep think that's the service I will use, priced it up on their website . Thanks for your input.
Message 8 of 8