cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing of boost box

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a very poor signal if any inside our property .After much too-ing and fro-ing i have at last found that O2 have a boost box which is exactly the same as the vodaphone suresignal unit and both are made by Lucent actel.The only difference is that O2 are charging £150 yes £150 for the unit which on Vodaphone is half that price and even on the Lucent Actel site it costs £140 for the o2 compatible unit.Why is O2 charging so much if they wish to keep their customers that have this problem .I dont want to leave o2 as a long term customer but its looking as though i will have no choice.Please re-think your pricing on this unit O2

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the crazy world of O2, I purchased two new phones from O2 about 18 months ago and they have never worked properly where I live or work due to a non existent signal. After 18 months of complaining and eventually emailing Ronan Dunne, the CEO, they have agreed to cancel my contract and waiver all charges. I spend £60/month with O2 and they wanted me to pay £150+VAT for a Femtocell to have the privilege of receiving the service I thought I was paying for. I bet the Femtocells do not cost O2 more than £50 each to purchase, but they prefer to lose a loyal customer of 20 years rather than free issue a Femtocell to me. I am off to 3 which has an excellent signal in my area, plus if there are problems they issue Femtocells for customer retention.

Message 11 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the crazy world of O2, I purchased two new phones from O2 about 18 months ago and they have never worked properly where I live or work due to a non existent signal. After 18 months of complaining and eventually emailing Ronan Dunne, the CEO, they have agreed to cancel my contract and waiver all charges. I spend £60/month with O2 and they wanted me to pay £150+VAT for a Femtocell to have the privilege of receiving the service I thought I was paying for. I bet the Femtocells do not cost O2 more than £50 each to purchase, but they prefer to lose a loyal customer of 20 years rather than free issue a Femtocell to me. I am off to 3 which has an excellent signal in my area, plus if there are problems they issue Femtocells for customer retention.

While understanding your frustration about the Boostbox, which hasn't been released to non-business customers, it has to be essential before you take out contracts to check the signal strength in your area first, as there can be a lot of variation between networks.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive got the same problem. O2 have their deaf head on. 

Message 13 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming you checked the signal checker on the o2 website if you did and there shows good signal but you don't get it that's got to be down to o2 surely

Message 14 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its all smoke and mirrors with different departments blaming each other and of course the consumer who of course is to blame even though they are paying the bill. Its a product. It doesn't work as promoted. They have a solution. They want more money to allow you to use the product that they have falsely sold to you. Sounds like fraud to me or misselling at the least.Now where's Martin?
Message 15 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I might have a problem if I posted the email address.

Message 16 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

who said you can get a booster box for signal, im online with a guru and they said o2 dont do them. I need one 

Message 17 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 do a boost box but it is currently only available to business customers at a cost of £150.00.

Message 18 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Welcome to Level 41 jonsie!Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 20 of 45