cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP. major probs. data theft!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all.
i know im new here but ive been an o2 customer for forever. when my boss took out his contract 5 years ago the issues started. at first he had a nokia n95 and then now he is obssessed with rubbish iphones and is working his way thru the range. we only found out recently that it started when he got the contract and i was fuming.
Let me explain... he has over the last 5yrs continually 'stolen' all my contacts, videos, photos, text messages, multimedia messages, music oh and back up data. it came to light it was going on when he got the iphone and things took a huge turn for the worst. when that heap was introduced other people entered the equation and things got even worse. oh yeah my partner of 12yrs has also had his data taked from onset too.
when boss got iphone his rubbish phone has managed to cause two old models of nokia to lock up totally when tried using with vodafone sims. now one is totally dead the othef a yr down the line still just vibrates on super speed when battery put in.
it has allowed him to send messages to my contacts without leaving a trace. it has caused a nokia n8 to reset over and over. it stole rude turkish messages off the guy next door and sent them to contacts in my works phone. thats also now resetting (samsung galaxy mini on tesco). it hss sent nr every photo frm my phone to my mums number from his. my boss is pivotal to it all. we tried him with a cheap pay ang go phone. still the same issue. sends messages to people we know at random off my work and personal mobiles. this phone reset within seconds of him getting hold of it.
I cant take my phone into work due to this. My samsung galaxy s2 which i love has spent most of its life in my glove box!!!

To try and cure this i got him a cheapy payg on tmobile orange..... still it happens. he had that one in his hands for a day before it started again with random dialing to my mums number that had never been in it.

his iphone had also plastered stuff all over facebook including my partners log in details and our texts through our accounts and my mums. he was able to read a private chat convo on fb i had with someone using my pc and he got it as texts.
hes had skype convos and videos too. i have no privacy at all.
He is central to it all. When he has no phone theres no issue. my partner carried a crappy tmobile payg in his pocket for over a wk. we gave it to my boss as his rubbish one had an accident in a bid for him to get his ipoop back which is locked up.
He had this one for 2hrs then it started again. locking up and randomly texting people my texts.
Myself and my partner have both had our phones changed. i have had 5 phones and 9 simd. my number has been disconnected and reconnected. my partners been through it too.
we have tried throwaway phones on other networks all to the same result. My partner works away frm home alot and struggles to contact me during the day as my phones in the car. And any texts my boss gets anyway.

Can anyone help please?? the stress is making me seriously ill. please please please.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
my head hurts now.. this seems totally strange, hope you get it sorted.
Message 2 of 18

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
There's a couple of things you can do to try and prevent the theft of information. Change any passwords on your Apple account. Change any passwords in your Google account. https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm For the Galaxy S II, download Comodo for Android. It's free and has privacy settings. However they have intercepted your number is beyond me. Whatever it is, it sounds illegal. And also remove any reference to your telephone on social networking websites.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
This is the most bizarre post I've ever read.... How exactly is your data being stolen? I mean by what means - Blutooth, Wifi ? I assume its short range connections as it seems that your phone cannot be accessed if left in your car ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I can't get my head around this, you keep giving your boss phones and sim cards, and he's mis-using your information, is that it?

I've tried to read this 4 times, and I still can't understand what's happened here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I thoughtn it was just me trying to fathom this out. I am reading from the first post that the problem lies with your boss abusing your private data or are you saying there is nothing he can do to stop his various phones from using the data and  is unintentionally accessing your photos etc and sending them to everyone in your address book? It all sounds really weird.

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
tell me about it!!! the stress is making me ill. im getting major headaches. thanks slight_smile
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there
none of our numbers are on facebook. my boss has however sent messages to our friends from his phone to our friends on facebook who had their numbers on there. we both have two forms of antivrus. call blockers and all passwords have been changed regular. whatever we do it makes no difference. one of the programmes called zoner gives us a log and it shows date and time that it has stopped contact from my boss on our phones. we have tried everything 😞
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
hahaha i dont know. leaving it outside stops the resetting but not the data theft so much. he was getting stuff from my partners phone when he was 400 miles away!!
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

However it happens, if data is being stolen it is a criminal offence. If he is using that data it makes the whole thing worse. 

Get some advice from the Data Commissioners Office, face the person with what they have done and, if any messing, report it to the police.

Message 10 of 18