cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went to an o2 shop the other day asking if they had any Oneplus 3's in stock and the guy who approached me said they actually had one left, I thought great that was lucky and I asked if I bought it outright would it be locked to o2 (bearing in mind Oneplus 3 confirmed in a Reddit AMA it would be unlocked to any network when bought through o2). To my surprise he said it would be locked to o2 but I wasn't buying it. So I then walked 5 minutes around the corner to another o2 shop to see if they would slip up and asked the same question "Do you have any Oneplus 3's in stock and the guy said the same thing "yes we actually have 1 left in stock". I then had a strange feeling of Déjà vu and asked if it would be locked again and he said yes it would be, but I chanced my luck and bought one with the cheapest pay as you go sim. I walked out of the shop and put my sim in and what a surprise my 3 network sim worked in it. O2 don't want you knowing they sell an unlocked phone and probably think no one would ever try to buy a locked phone and try their luck with out an on o2 sim in it and give bad retail seeking technique for telling you that they only have 1 left of the stock to get you over excited to buy it as quickly as possible? Also for anyone wondering it is still dual sim.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino I wanted to get my girlfriend a decent phone for her birthday which is in 3 weeks time and buying direct from oneplus is usually more than a months wait on delivery
Message 11 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Fair enough @Anonymous. I was just curious. I wasn't aware that the OnePlus delivery time was as long as that. It's a very nice birthday gift. I hope your girlfriend will appreciate your generosity.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 12