cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called in to local O2 shop yesterday, Wanted to buy a Samsung J3 2017 for £129.99.

As there were none in stock the assistants ordered a blue one for me as there were only 3 of these phoes due to come into store the next day. Today.

An appointment was made and texts from O2 to tell me my order was now in store for collection.

I called to store at my appointment time and went through the process of buying the phone, only to be told that the phone was now £179.99 and not the £129.99 when ordered. as O2 had increased the price overnight, Management said it was down to head office and they could not do anything with the price.

I have been a O2 customer for around 20 years and have wasted my time over 2 days, no one seems to care that the goal posts were moved.

What a terrible way to treat a customer

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
But the order states the price, yes?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, No just order numbers and model number etc. texts are the same, order numbers etc.
When I got back home I checked the O2 website and phones have now been removed
Message 12 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122136 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

The extremely poor aspect of all of this is the advisor telling @Anonymous that the price had been increased 'overnight'. They can do that .....but not when an order has been created at a time the goods were showing for £50 less! No different to me buying a bike at Halfords when the price displayed was £129 then going to pick it up and being told overnight it had increased by £50. No that's illegal. Make the complaint @Anonymous.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 33

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Not really unless a deposit was paid at the time or the price clearly stated on the order form.
But it's certainly unethical.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Very poor..I was fuming, but worse is the fact that you can't speak to anyone with clout, 202 said they have no number for Head office?
Unbelievable.
Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yes, I asked 202 who sent me the confirmation texts and they couldn't tell me
Message 16 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122136 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not really unless a deposit was paid at the time or the price clearly stated on the order form.
But it's certainly unethical.......

I think the advisor admitting the 'price had gone up overnight' is an admission of guilt on O2's behalf. No other reason for that to be said (unless it was a mess up at the time of orderiing)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 33

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
O2 should honour the price agreed when ordering as a gesture of goodwill, as the vast majority of stores and retailers would, but they are not legally obliged to do so.
All you can do in this situation is complain and hope you get a ruling in your favour or go buy from somewhere else.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

The price on line was £129.99, and on the phone in the shop the price tag was £129.99, thats why I called to the shop to buy one and have it immediatley.

price tag in shop was changed to £179.99, probably before shop opened at 9am this Morning.

My appointment was 11am 

Message 19 of 33

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
@Marjo can you see any way that O2 would honour the original price as a gesture of goodwill to this customer please?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 33