cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Unlocking iphone take so long?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i have sent the form on the app to unlock the form. It would seem like this should be a totally auomated process yet i'm getting told it takes 72 hours?

do O2 use carrier pigeons to send the request? or is a decision to make it slow to try and put people off from changing network? I can't think of any legit reason for a tech firm not to have an IT solution to this which is swift and automated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Same reason it takes O2 10 days to give you a refund. They have timescales for everything. It's usually done faster than the three days. It isn't automated as such. Someone has to receive that form, check it and then send the request to Apple. From then its automated. 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
The delay's are due to manual processing of the request at both ends.
Once Apple receive the request, they have to enter the IMEI on the system so it's recognised as unlocked.
Android takes slightly longer as a code is required which is sent back from the manufacturer to o2 before been sent onto the customer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3