cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sent DPD to collect phone to repair and they've lost it! Where do I stand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok first of, this is the first time I've ever posted something on here so apologies if its in the wrong thread. I just need someone high up to see this message and get back to me.

I'm not sure where else to put this as O2 doesn't seem to want to answer my emails and its vital that I get a response soon.

On the 20th Dec 2013, O2 arranged for DPD to come and collect my iPhone 4S of me to get repaired or replaced, which they did collect of me and I have the tracking slip as proof. Everyday since then I've been checking my tracking to see where it's at and it still says its on its way to their own sorting facility which is the 2nd step after collecting the parcel of me.

O2 has sent me 2 emails saying that we still haven't received your phone so I sent 2 emails to DPD asking what's going on as its a next day service. They eventually got back to me and said the following:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email regarding parcel number: XXXXXXXXXX

Firstly, please accept my apologies with the delay in our response. This is due to a higher that normal amount of emails being received.

I have checked your consignment on our delivery system and we have not had a depot scan since the 22/12/13. This would indicate that this parcel has been lost.

Please can I ask you to contact the sender of the item to advise them you have not received the item, as they will need to contact us to raise a missing parcel search investigation.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I've since emailed O2 twice to numerous emails in hope my message will get seen and unfortunately no one has got back to me.

What I would like to know, is where do I stand now. I've now been without a phone for 15 days now and i will probably still be expected to pay for this non mobile use upto the point of getting a phone back. I start work on Monday and my job relies heavily on a mobile phone, especially a smart phone.

O2 are the company who arranged for DPD to collect my phone and they have lost it so O2 are just as responsible. Because my phone has now been lost (stolen) does this mean I am entitled to a new phone as O2 will claim of DPD?

Please can someone see this message and respond or respond to my emails as I'm really angry with this whole situation.

Regards,
John
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would have used live chat earlier and then if contacted by twitter etc then you can tell them that.

@O2 specificilay asked me if you had contacted live chat.

I would do it now

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
After almost an hr on live chat and getting through to 2 departments, I simply got told to email mycare@o2mail.co.uk and I should get a reply within 24 hours. What he didn't know though, was that I actually emailed these guys on the 3rd and I didn't get a reply. He's assured me that if I send another one, I will get a response.

So, If I hear back from them, I'll update the situation here. Thanks again everyone for your help and advise
Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your certainly being made to jump through some hoops on this one.

About time O2 owned this situation !

Looking forward to your update.

Hope all goes well.

slight_smile
Message 13 of 31

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Shawwmeister I recommend that you forward your previous email to O2 and include a message such as "I am disappointed that you have failed to respond to my previous email (which I have forwarded to you). It was my understanding that you deal with queries within 24 hours...."

If your email account allows it, mark it as a high priority email and select options to allow you to be notified when the email is received and when it is read.

Hope this helps!
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your advise. I did forward my previously sent emails to this address on the 3rd and again yesterday.
Well... It's now 7:012pm and what a surprise. No one has replied back to me. O2 are an absolute joke now. They eventually tweeted me at 12:07pm but then never got back to me. I'm at the point now of wanting to leave O2 for good after being a loyal customer for many years now. There all very helpful and will do anything for you when they want your money, but when it comes to needing help, there useless and give false reassurances 😞
Message 15 of 31

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
They tweeted you but never got back to you? Have they responded on twitter?
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I should have been more clear. O2 tweeted me and said: "Hi John, we're sorry to hear about what's happened 😞 Have you spoken to us about this, other than email? What was advised?" I then replied back straight away with " To call you, which I am unable to. So i have to email you on mycare@o2mail.co.uk which I did on the 3rd & yesterday and still no response". They didn't respond to this tweet, nor have I had an email back from them. Even though there Live chat team reassured me that someone will...
Message 17 of 31

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
What is your twitter name? I contacted O2 a while ago regarding a complaint I had and they forwarded a link to me and I'll forward it to you on twitter
Message 18 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147107 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
You really need to put your sim in another phone and call them from it on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the thing, I live on my own and I don't have access to any other mobile phone to put my sim in, which is why i wanted to resolve this via email. Regardless of the issue, its actually quite worrying that no one has Replied back to me.

I'm due back at work tomorrow so I will have to see if anyone is on O2 and see if they will let me borrow their phone. If not, I will have no option but to ring of a non O2 sim or landline, rank up a high phone bill by being on hold for the usual 10 mins, plus the total time it takes to resolve this then ask O2 to pay this.

I do apologise for making this thread so long and i do appreciated everyones efforts in here. 

Message 20 of 31