cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sent DPD to collect phone to repair and they've lost it! Where do I stand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok first of, this is the first time I've ever posted something on here so apologies if its in the wrong thread. I just need someone high up to see this message and get back to me.

I'm not sure where else to put this as O2 doesn't seem to want to answer my emails and its vital that I get a response soon.

On the 20th Dec 2013, O2 arranged for DPD to come and collect my iPhone 4S of me to get repaired or replaced, which they did collect of me and I have the tracking slip as proof. Everyday since then I've been checking my tracking to see where it's at and it still says its on its way to their own sorting facility which is the 2nd step after collecting the parcel of me.

O2 has sent me 2 emails saying that we still haven't received your phone so I sent 2 emails to DPD asking what's going on as its a next day service. They eventually got back to me and said the following:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email regarding parcel number: XXXXXXXXXX

Firstly, please accept my apologies with the delay in our response. This is due to a higher that normal amount of emails being received.

I have checked your consignment on our delivery system and we have not had a depot scan since the 22/12/13. This would indicate that this parcel has been lost.

Please can I ask you to contact the sender of the item to advise them you have not received the item, as they will need to contact us to raise a missing parcel search investigation.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I've since emailed O2 twice to numerous emails in hope my message will get seen and unfortunately no one has got back to me.

What I would like to know, is where do I stand now. I've now been without a phone for 15 days now and i will probably still be expected to pay for this non mobile use upto the point of getting a phone back. I start work on Monday and my job relies heavily on a mobile phone, especially a smart phone.

O2 are the company who arranged for DPD to collect my phone and they have lost it so O2 are just as responsible. Because my phone has now been lost (stolen) does this mean I am entitled to a new phone as O2 will claim of DPD?

Please can someone see this message and respond or respond to my emails as I'm really angry with this whole situation.

Regards,
John
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Don't apologise for the length of the thread. Sometimes issues take one reply to resolve and some take twenty.

I will forward the link on twitter now. Hope it helps!
Message 21 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147107 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
As an interim measure you can pick up a cheapo unlocked phone from Carphonewarehouse for about £15. It will mean you can continue to use your tariff calls and texts to stay in touch (the old fashioned way) and give you free access to call and harass O2 as much as you wish.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 31

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

You could nip into an O2 store as well, explain the situation and I'm sure they will let you call customer services from the store

Message 23 of 31

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Shawmiester,

Send me a private message (which you can find by clicking on my name) and I'll see what I can do to help if you've not had a response yet.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so after still not receiving an email reply back from O2 regarding my issue and past emails sent to numerous email addresses, I went back onto Live chat on my lunch break for an hour and a half and this is what was said. I personally find the chap very rude and a few comments disgraceful towards a customer. Apologies in advance for the lengthy comment.

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
info: at 13:20:29

We're really busy right now. Thanks for waiting.
system: at 13:20:51

Hold that thought. You're not connected yet.
info: at 13:21:38

You're through to 'Sufy'
Sufy: at 13:21:46
Hi John, how are you?

John Shaw: at 13:22:14
Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but my phone has been lost by your delivery company DPD and they told me to get in touch with you. I have done on many occasions but no one will bother getting back to me, even tho your member of staff called Ali reassured me that someone will. Please sort this out for me. You will have all of my notes written down (he said he was making them) Is there a contact number you can give me to call you on for free as I don't have a O2 phone, if not could you call me so its free?

Sufy: at 13:23:49
I'll check that for you.

John Shaw: at 13:24:23
I've sent O2 numerous emails since the third of dec, I've created a thread in the community section and still not one person from O2 have contacted me. My phone broke so it got sent of for repairs. This was on the 20th dec and I'm still phoneless

Sufy: at 13:24:58
Can you please confirm your repair reference number.

John Shaw: at 13:25:41
Is that the collection number?

Sufy: at 13:25:52
Yes

John Shaw: at 13:26:30
XXXXXXXXXX

Sufy: at 13:27:08
Did you send it via store or online because it seems like a store repair reference number.

John Shaw: at 13:29:29
O2 arranged for DPD to come collect it, I don't know what the stages are after that. DPD emailed me and said they've lost it and to contact you so you can claim of them for a lost parcel. I've sent all of this information over to you for reference several times but no ones replied... My job relies heavily on a phone so I need a new one fast since its been over 2 weeks now. I'm not happy

Sufy: at 13:30:36
John, first answer me please, because it's a serious issue.

John Shaw: at 13:30:49
Plus I'm being billed for a service which I've not used in over 2 weeks (simplicity plan)

John Shaw: at 13:31:32
Did you get my message above? O2 arranged for DPD to come collect it from me from my work location

John Shaw: at 13:32:10
All of this is voice recorded

Sufy: at 13:32:38
Okay

John Shaw: at 13:35:23
Are you still there Sufy?

Sufy: at 13:35:43
Yes

Sufy: at 13:35:48
Can you tell me the 1st & 3rd characters of your security answer?

John Shaw: at 13:36:04
??

Sufy: at 13:36:42
That's correct Thank you very much.

Sufy: at 13:36:43
Yes, I'm checking all the notes in your account.

Sufy: at 13:36:48
Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.

John Shaw: at 13:38:38
Ok thanks, but please don't say at the end of this to email you again or to call you. No one replies. I spent an hr talking on live chat before for Ali to tell me to email or call you but I don't have access to any phones or a landline

Sufy: at 13:42:33
Okay

Sufy: at 13:46:15
Thanks for waiting.

Sufy: at 13:48:27
John, do you have proof of postage and as your repair reference number is not matching, also do you have any records or proof that you've sent the phone to us?

John Shaw: at 13:51:32
I have a slip they gave me with all details on and it was meant to go to telefonica? I have another number on it you can try xxxxxxxxxxx

Sufy: at 13:52:52
It's your handset's IMEI number.

John Shaw: at 13:55:12
Oh... Well I have the receipt they gave me? Look, you arranged for them to collect the phone of me. They've lost it and you sent them to me so your part responsible (not you personally) I've been without a phone for over 2 weeks now and I'm actually at the point now of wanting to leave O2 with the bad experience I'm having and no one relying to me via email

John Shaw: at 13:55:59
I don't want to sound cheeky or rude by my lunch break ends in 6 mins, what happens now? I have proof they collected it from me and I am phoneless. Please help

Sufy: at 13:57:03
John, can you help me with your IMEI number?

Sufy: at 13:57:23
phones**

John Shaw: at 13:57:27
In what way can I help you with that?

Sufy: at 13:57:45
By giving the handset IMEI number?

John Shaw: at 13:58:18
I don't know how I find that info out but didn't you say that's the number I gave above?

John Shaw: at 14:00:40
I literally have 2 minutes left of my lunch, please tell me what's going to happen. My job relies heavily on a smart phone

Sufy: at 14:01:57
John, you need to give me the IMEI number to me and if it matches with the account details then I'll arrange the replacement handset for you.

John Shaw: at 14:02:35
How do I get this information without a phone?

Sufy: at 14:03:41
You can check it on your box at your home.

John Shaw: at 14:04:22
Any other ways, as Its been over 2 years since I had my phone box 😞

Sufy: at 14:04:54
John, okay, confirm me your handset make and model?

John Shaw: at 14:05:22
iPhone 4S

Sufy: at 14:05:50
Okay, how much GB?

John Shaw: at 14:06:06
16gb

Sufy: at 14:06:35
Okay.

Sufy: at 14:06:42
Just a quick question - confirm your home address, please ?

John Shaw: at 14:07:11
Sure, it's........

Sufy: at 14:08:54
Thanks

Sufy: at 14:10:30
John, in the end you'll be glad to know that I've arranged a refurb replacement for you and it'll be same make and model and will reach you within 1 to 3 working days, it's a doorstep replacement and you just need to take the handset from the guy.

Sufy: at 14:10:31
slight_smile

Sufy: at 14:10:42
I hope finally your issue is resolved.

Sufy: at 14:12:08
Is there anything else I can help you with?

John Shaw: at 14:12:35
Thanks, but Surely if youve lost my phone, i should be entitled to a new one/latest model as you will claim this of DPD?

Sufy: at 14:16:24
John, your phone is already out of warranty and there's no data that you've sent the phone to us, also your repair reference number is invalid on top of that your IMEI number is also untraceable, I can't find any details if you've sent the phone or not, after all these mahoosive odd things, I'm sending you a phone without my manager's concern, so if you want this phone then you can go for it, otherwise I can cancel it as well.

Sufy: at 14:18:18
I'll take this silence as you want to cancel the handset?

Sufy: at 14:20:01
I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?

John Shaw: at 14:21:01
I'm not been funny but I appreciate all of your help but I have been a paying O2 customer for many years now and my IME number will exist because I use my phone. I also have proof that I sent it and a recorded phone call conversation of you arranging to come collect my phone. All proof. If you've lost my phone, then why not give me a new or latest model as you will claim this from DPD anyway and for all of the inconvenience you've both caused me. If anything please forward this to your manager

Sufy: at 14:22:49
I'm sorry but I can't see any records that you've called us.

Sufy: at 14:23:10
Also, DPD lost the handset not O2.

John Shaw: at 14:25:22
You must have, otherwise How have I got a receipt for DPD to come collect my phone. This is worrying when you can't find record of your customers calling you

Sufy: at 14:26:13
John, you called us about the Insurance and not collecting the handset, plus the repair reference number that you're providing us is of store.

John Shaw: at 14:28:52
I rang to make the claim which is proof that you arranged to get my phone. I've not rang since then because I don't have a phone to call you on which is why ive sent numerous emails, created a thread on the O2 community and had 2 live chat sessions. I will have to take a photo of my receipt and send you it if I have to. DPD lost my phone and they said you need to contact them to make a claim. I have the emails. I can only give you what I've been given by the driver

Sufy: at 14:32:45
John, I hope that this is a gentlemen's conversation no offence to you and none taken, really believe me if you would have gone through any other advisor he/she would have asked to call you but after seeing your Loyalty towards O2, I've offered you this handset.

John Shaw: at 14:36:27
This is a gentlemen's conversation and ive been as patient as i can be. I have saved all of my conversations from live chat and no one from your team has offered to ring me, and loyalty or not. You arranged to collect my phone and its been lost. O2 would have to give me one regardless as you would need to claim from this

Sufy: at 14:37:57
John, believe me we'll not claim anything because of no records, but anyways I've arranged it for you.

John Shaw: at 14:38:34
I have the records!

Sufy: at 14:39:13
John, you have it, but we don't.

John Shaw: at 14:39:26
I'm sorry Sufy, but please forward me your managers or someone who's high up who I can please talk to after I finish work

John Shaw: at 14:39:58
DPD will have records that you sent them to this address

John Shaw: at 14:40:43
Email address*

Sufy: at 14:40:44
If you wish I can transfer your chat right now because you said 2 minutes left a long time back, so I hope you still have time left in your lunch break.

John Shaw: at 14:41:47
I've actually taken my ipad to my desk whilst trying to design a website and its very difficult so I need to terminate this chat soon. Is there an email address I could have please. Help me out here

Sufy: at 14:42:47
I'm sorry but no email address is there.

John Shaw: at 14:43:15
There must be some email address internally I could have?

Sufy: at 14:44:25
I'm sorry but there isn't, you need to come on this live chat if you need to chat with anyone of us.

Sufy: at 14:45:15
Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sufy: at 14:45:27
Pleasure helping you

Have a nice week and day ahead slight_smile

Take care of yourself

Bye slight_smile

info: at 14:45:30
O2 has ended this chat session
Message 25 of 31

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

Do you really expect anyone to read all that?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

John this is why you realy need to try and call o2.

Just so we can follow this fully as more info is comming out the more you post

1 Is this an insurance claim or repair

2 is the handset in warranty if not insurance

3 what was the original fauly / issue.

@ Toby if you see this Tuesday can this be esclated

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know, its very long. But If your a nice community and it helps my case and O2 see whats been said, then yes slight_smile
Message 28 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Long conversation.

If your after a iPhone 5c {direct upgrade to the iPhone 4s}upgrade then I would doubt this would happen to be honest.

Even if they took full responability, as they should, your entitled to the make of iPhone you owned unless it is discontinued.

Have you taken up Toby's offer of help ?

Message 29 of 31

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have offered you a replacement handset of the model which was lost, putting you back in the position you were in before the courier lost your phone.

I really don't know what else you are expecting to be honest

Message 30 of 31