cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sent DPD to collect phone to repair and they've lost it! Where do I stand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok first of, this is the first time I've ever posted something on here so apologies if its in the wrong thread. I just need someone high up to see this message and get back to me.

I'm not sure where else to put this as O2 doesn't seem to want to answer my emails and its vital that I get a response soon.

On the 20th Dec 2013, O2 arranged for DPD to come and collect my iPhone 4S of me to get repaired or replaced, which they did collect of me and I have the tracking slip as proof. Everyday since then I've been checking my tracking to see where it's at and it still says its on its way to their own sorting facility which is the 2nd step after collecting the parcel of me.

O2 has sent me 2 emails saying that we still haven't received your phone so I sent 2 emails to DPD asking what's going on as its a next day service. They eventually got back to me and said the following:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email regarding parcel number: XXXXXXXXXX

Firstly, please accept my apologies with the delay in our response. This is due to a higher that normal amount of emails being received.

I have checked your consignment on our delivery system and we have not had a depot scan since the 22/12/13. This would indicate that this parcel has been lost.

Please can I ask you to contact the sender of the item to advise them you have not received the item, as they will need to contact us to raise a missing parcel search investigation.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I've since emailed O2 twice to numerous emails in hope my message will get seen and unfortunately no one has got back to me.

What I would like to know, is where do I stand now. I've now been without a phone for 15 days now and i will probably still be expected to pay for this non mobile use upto the point of getting a phone back. I start work on Monday and my job relies heavily on a mobile phone, especially a smart phone.

O2 are the company who arranged for DPD to collect my phone and they have lost it so O2 are just as responsible. Because my phone has now been lost (stolen) does this mean I am entitled to a new phone as O2 will claim of DPD?

Please can someone see this message and respond or respond to my emails as I'm really angry with this whole situation.

Regards,
John
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You could fill out the online Complaint form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Or perhaps @toby can you help this person ?

Op Toby is O2 site management.

You can private message him.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444
Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You could fill out the online Complaint form http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Or perhaps @toby can you help this person ?

Op Toby is O2 site management.

You can private message him.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/60444
Message 2 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

In situations like this email is not the route to take you need to ring o2 and report this  or at the least use live chat.

I doubt Toby will be around until monday

O2 will reimburse you for non usage once the situation is resolved.

Can you borrow another o2 phone and ring them on 202?

P.s. just sent @o2 a direct message on twitter linking to this thread as they seam to be active today

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 31

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree with adamtemp64 - email would not be helpful for you in this situation as you need a more quicker response.

I highly doubt that you will be left high and dry without a phone as you have proof that you gave the phone to the courier and you also have the email from the courier to say that it has been lost. 

It is common for couriers to lose items, moreso during the christmas period. 

Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

DPD & O2 need to talk to each other.

O2 sent DPD to collect it which they have & you have proof.

DPD have then admitted they lost the package so DPD need to arange with O2 to replace it.

As for Twitter, I know DPD do respond to tweets as they where mentioned on there yesterday & responded pretty quickly.

Message 5 of 31

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Shawmiester @o2 on twitter have asked if you can tweet them directly

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help Adam and everyone else. You've been a massive help and your response time is brilliant.
I've just tweeted @O2 asking them if we can email the situation rather than through Twitter. I don't want bad publicity for them. I currently don't have access to a O2 phone to ring anyone which is why I've been having to email.

How long did it take O2 to respond on Twitter? I've had no response yet
Message 7 of 31

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 took about 1 hour from my first dm I will dm them your twitter name so they can find you quickly.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
No emails or Twitter messages from O2 yet... If I don't get a response by tonight, I'll have no alternative but to try Live chat (no access to other phone) but I was hoping to get a response from someone high up who can deal with this matter, can give me some form of apology and who will know exactly what the next step is.

I'm in the dark here and I need O2 to contact DPD as soon as possible.
Message 9 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Can you not just put your SIM card in another phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 31