cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sent DPD to collect phone to repair and they've lost it! Where do I stand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok first of, this is the first time I've ever posted something on here so apologies if its in the wrong thread. I just need someone high up to see this message and get back to me.

I'm not sure where else to put this as O2 doesn't seem to want to answer my emails and its vital that I get a response soon.

On the 20th Dec 2013, O2 arranged for DPD to come and collect my iPhone 4S of me to get repaired or replaced, which they did collect of me and I have the tracking slip as proof. Everyday since then I've been checking my tracking to see where it's at and it still says its on its way to their own sorting facility which is the 2nd step after collecting the parcel of me.

O2 has sent me 2 emails saying that we still haven't received your phone so I sent 2 emails to DPD asking what's going on as its a next day service. They eventually got back to me and said the following:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email regarding parcel number: XXXXXXXXXX

Firstly, please accept my apologies with the delay in our response. This is due to a higher that normal amount of emails being received.

I have checked your consignment on our delivery system and we have not had a depot scan since the 22/12/13. This would indicate that this parcel has been lost.

Please can I ask you to contact the sender of the item to advise them you have not received the item, as they will need to contact us to raise a missing parcel search investigation.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I've since emailed O2 twice to numerous emails in hope my message will get seen and unfortunately no one has got back to me.

What I would like to know, is where do I stand now. I've now been without a phone for 15 days now and i will probably still be expected to pay for this non mobile use upto the point of getting a phone back. I start work on Monday and my job relies heavily on a mobile phone, especially a smart phone.

O2 are the company who arranged for DPD to collect my phone and they have lost it so O2 are just as responsible. Because my phone has now been lost (stolen) does this mean I am entitled to a new phone as O2 will claim of DPD?

Please can someone see this message and respond or respond to my emails as I'm really angry with this whole situation.

Regards,
John
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

O2 have offered you a replacement handset of the model which was lost, putting you back in the position you were in before the courier lost your phone.

I really don't know what else you are expecting to be honest

I agree with davethorp - the phone which was lost by DPD was not a new phone so you were never going to get a new phone.  The point of this is so that O2 put you in the position that you would of been in if the phone was not lost - therefore when the phone was sent to O2, they would of repaired your phone or (if it could not be repaired) they would of sent a replacement (which again would not be new - it would be a refurbished phone). 

The same policy applies if you purchase it directly from Apple and it needs repairing - if the phone is sent to them for repair and it cannot be fixed then a replacement is sent - when you get a replacement from Apple, it is always one that looks new but it is actually refurbished.

Message 31 of 31