Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 loyalty

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone,Yesterday I seen my bill and I was like wat the hell.The bill went up literally £2.60pm due to inflation.So I requested a pac code.And I got a call bout 1/2 later from o2 retentions team.Asking did I receive my pac code and why did I requested.I highlighted wanted to go to a sim only deal cause wanted to wait for the new iPhone.The guy kindly highlighted that’s there not much he can do but I wanted a phone upgrade he could wave the fee I owed to leave.I thought okay,told him wat I would be happy with and he offered a really good deal was confused.So I asked can I have a think about it.He said yeah I can call you tomorrow if that’s ok.I said yeah sounds good.I’m the evening I called o2 got put through to o2 platinum which I think is a waste of time.And they highlighted that I have to pay the fee,before I can upgrade,so I thought nothing to lose here I asked about the best deal they can do on the bigger iPhone.Thought ok I will think about it.The guy called me this morning as promised and he asked my thoughts,I mentioned yes I’m very keen wats the best you can do on the bigger iPhone.Couldn’t match wat I seen online but gave me a really good offer that was worth going for.

I upgraded and I’m delighted,but wat I don’t understand is why am I a platinum customer and I’m getting no loyalty from it.
Its just pure fluke I end up talking to really good representatives at other departments.
i like o2 in general,I have no issues,been with them for years.
Retentions team sorted me out and I couldn’t say a bad word.Just wish I knew a direct number for future reference lol.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo 

There's no longer a specific number for Platinum customer service.

It's all one now and deals are tailored to individuals based on spend and length of service.

All networks have and will continue to put up the prices each year, so there's no avoiding it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi I was looking the retentions number not platinum.They never do anything for me and expected me to pay the fee to leave while retention waived it no questions asked.Retentions offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse.been with o2 over 15years

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

0800 081 0255

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

There is still a Platinum direct number it is 402 from your phone or 0800 032 1402 (which is the number every one posts as the free phone number) and then the IVR routes you to the Team, so no waiting with all the other customers) 

The Platinum team look after high worth customers, and if you have got through to a normal agent, they wont deal with you but will transfer you to the team, they are based in one of the Capita UK Call Centres...  And they can do deals, but it depends on your Value to o2...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I ring the 402 number but platinum never seems to want to do me a deal.Always end up getting one by speaking to agents who want to keep me as a customer.The retention team contacted me and I was delighted,platinum just makes the excuse can’t do much cause it’s a new phone lol.

Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9990 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Never had that with the Platinum team, they have always done me a deal slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Nice one,I genuinely don’t know.My last upgrade was done through a 3rd party,been part of platinum for years and I’ve many conversations with some of the brilliant people who aren’t platinum and they give me a deal that I can get elsewhere without trying.

Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 has 'supposedly' changed their policy to one of there being no reward for loyalty, and that everyone gets the same deal. Both new customers and longtime customers. That's what we've been told to tell anyone who enquires about loyalty schemes. From what's been said in this thread, that really isn't the case, so has O2 been feeding us a lie?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9