Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ignored my complaint…. Have written to Newspaper & ombusman

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 know they have a VERY serious problem with their usage report, @o2dave confirmed this to me in a private message, and he was looking into it, back in may. He probably gave up as o2 admitting these faults in usage reports opens up a can of worms.. that is likely why they ignored my complaint completely. They did make an excuse of forgetting to open up a ticket , but they continued to ignore repeated phone calls and letters. They perhaps thought this would go away, but it’s now going to the newspapers, and then ombusman. 
  I’ve got a couple of private messages from others with similar problems, sorry just reading them now, will respond with some advice.  Good to know I’m not alone in this, well not good but shows that mine is not a one off incident.  I would not recommend using o2 at all now, you will regret it if you ever need to make an insurance claim!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Leaving_this_cr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't feel bad, they ignore everyone with equal measure. 2 months and counting for my complaint, they just emailed me today saying can they have my phone number (included in the original complaint).

Message 2 of 5

KRB78
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolute scammers ain’t they.

the guy who runs this forum knows it , he knows and has gone all silent .

they just wanna sweep all their responsibilities under the carpet 🤬

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Dave-o2 who you mention is on extended paternity leave until October, hence the silence.

We have a part-time replacement from Virgin Media but neither he or Dave have any real influence. Their job is to keep an eye on this Community as part of the social media team.

As we keep saying this Community is Customer to Customer anf any input from O2 staff is above and beyond their remit

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9007 Posts
  • 203 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Leaving_this_cr wrote:

Don't feel bad, they ignore everyone with equal measure. 2 months and counting for my complaint, they just emailed me today saying can they have my phone number (included in the original complaint).

This might be your next step @Leaving_this_cr :-

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer. 

Message 5 of 5