cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cut me off

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am deeply disappointed with O2, I have been a loyal customer for 10 years and when I lost my job and couldn't afford to pay, I was cut off, even after being in contact and promising to pay at a later date, when I had the money and called up of my sisters phone, who kindly travelled 7 miles to help me, I was treated like **bleep** by an advisor who said I had to pay £101 and threatened me with bailiffs, and my credit rating, I had £70, so I couldn't afford it, but this wasn't good enough, when I asked to speak to a manager to sort something out, she said someone would call me back within 24hours.... How? When you have cut me off... she said it 3 times...which just show the levels of intelligence O2 employ. I am still waiting for a response to my formal complaint and I have been in touch with the communications ombudsman.
Don't use O2 they are crooks. Vodafone and EE are far better choices.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a direct debit set up
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I'm completely cut off. They haven't sent me a final bill yet, and I can get more sense out of my wooden table in the living room than I got from the advisor that I spoke to, she really annoyed with the I'll get someone to call me back... Three times
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responses
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes there is a direct debit set up but because the money wasn't in my account it bounced, I called with the amount I owed which is what I could afford, but she wanted me to pay more because of the termination, and wouldn't accept any offer I made, that's when I asked to speak to a manager, and she said they will have to call me back within 24 hours....argh, the impression I got was it's o2s way or no way...
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest @Anonymous not everyone knows what a Debt Management Plan is. Secondly if your subject to DMM then that would imply there are significant other debts hence why you have the DMM in place.

On that basis I'm afraid all creditors would want to mitigate their risk. Further, I would have thought one of the terms of your DMM ate that you are not to take out further credit.

From o2's perspective, based on all I have read on this thread alone, o2's response is correct, proportionate and sensible. Given the circumstances had I been you I would have paid the £70 but your post implies you may not have done as you didn't have the £101??? That would further indicate to o2 an unwillingness to pay.

I have total respect for the fact your world has changed re your job and I fully empathise with that. I hope you are successful in finding new employment very soon. In the meantime you need to engage with all of your creditors and make payments as promised. In the meantime ask o2 if they could convert you to pay as you go until your circumstances improve. You may be sent a bill for the remainder of your contract. You would need to agree a repayment plan.

NOTE O2 are under NO OBLIGATION to offer any of this but probably will.
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
And just to clarify it's 2 months I owe, but while my phone was operational I was in contact with them, and they said everything would be fine as long as I kept in touch they said not to worry, I didn't get any warning whatsoever before my phone was cut, I couldn't even call 202, which I why eventually I got my sis to come round so I could use hers to call them.
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have paid over £4000's with O2 over the last decade. I would have paid the £70 when I'd have spoke to a manager and vented my frustration, and tried to come up with a way to solve the problem and like I have previously stated, someone would have to call me back in the next 24 hours on a number that doesn't accept calls, I felt like she was purposely winding me up...
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but still confused about a few details but you can tell me if this is right... you mentioned the 70.00 is what u owed but they have asked for just over 100.00 , and you mention a termination, I assume it's not a termination fee as they are usually more than just 30.00, do you mean reconnection fee? that is 15.00 by the way.If that's the case then u r disconnected. In that case then they cant reconnect on a partial payment. You can pay a partial amount to go towards the owed amount and pay the rest at a later date but 2 things to bear in mind: you will only get reconnected once the full amount and the reconnection fee are cleared and if you take too long to do this,the debt can be passed over to a debt collectors agency. Hope this helps slight_smile

Edit: this is what you should have been explained... I've just seen ur new post... the all process fast forwarded because of the failed promise to pay.You should have been advised by CS what it would happened if you missed it...As for collections, if you want you can speak to them again and ask for that manager, after all you were promised a call back.

Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest the fact you have paid over £4000 over the years is broadly irrelevant. It's what is happening now. Over the years I have paid £10's of thousands on my mirage but if I stopped paying there would come a point. .....

You requested a manager, that is generally via callback. You were told that. So either you needed to provide an alternative number or explain this wasn't possible.

Do you have a spare "old handset" hanging around anywhere (or know someone that does?). If so get a free payg sim for it. Do it online then you won't have to top up. At least that way you can be contacted. Doesn't solve the problem but it gives you access.
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what she called the fee, I think I owed about £66 and she wanted £101, I think it was a termination fee but the previous time I spoke to someone this was never mentioned as a possibility
Message 20 of 25