cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cut me off

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am deeply disappointed with O2, I have been a loyal customer for 10 years and when I lost my job and couldn't afford to pay, I was cut off, even after being in contact and promising to pay at a later date, when I had the money and called up of my sisters phone, who kindly travelled 7 miles to help me, I was treated like **bleep** by an advisor who said I had to pay £101 and threatened me with bailiffs, and my credit rating, I had £70, so I couldn't afford it, but this wasn't good enough, when I asked to speak to a manager to sort something out, she said someone would call me back within 24hours.... How? When you have cut me off... she said it 3 times...which just show the levels of intelligence O2 employ. I am still waiting for a response to my formal complaint and I have been in touch with the communications ombudsman.
Don't use O2 they are crooks. Vodafone and EE are far better choices.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
The official complaints channel is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Th/e Ombudsman won't look at individual cases I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was thinking that also, I have replied in your other thread. Am I right it is 8 weeks before you can go to the ombudsman & that's even as a last resort?
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your phone completly disconnected, with the contract canceled or just suspended do u know?

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I suspect that IT is suspended until all the monies have been fully paid
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I ask is because there are different procedures in place depending on what stage the Op is on.

Also he seems to have missed a promise to pay, that can accelerate the  process also.

Based on what the customer has been told I have a gut feeling that he may be disconnected already...

Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
So, am I understanding this correctly.....?
A customer calls and says they have lost their job and are having trouble paying, so rather than helping out with a sensible and manageable payment plan, they disconnect the contract generating a huge bill.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 25

jonsie
  • 93979 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm guessing they will be issuing a final bill now asking for payment of the whole minimum term. We aren't sure of the full facts so it's difficult to offer further advice pending reply from the complaint review service.

Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also explained I'm on a debt management plan currently, she wasn't bothered I guess her job role is to squeeze money, she was so rude, I'm never using them again.
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

agree @jonsie ...also there seems to be some "steps" missing...nobody gets fully disconnected over 1 late bill...

Message 10 of 25