Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 account hack attempt?

Jin8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I just received my an email saying my account has been locked, due to five failed login attempts, but I have not logged in for a while. Was someone trying to hack into my account? I have just changed my password. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Jin8 

Hopefully you didn't follow a link from the email?

If you did, log in here and change it again. 

My O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Jin8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, I did not click on any links. Email was from noreply@o2mail.co.uk.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Jin8 

Your email and passwords may have been hacked from other websites (it happens often).

You'd be wise to change all your passwords for sites that use the same email address.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4