cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just started using O2 wifi calling. Great I thought, O2 have finally caught up with the rest. Wait a minute, texts don't work when using wifi (I am of course out of the o2 signal area otherwise I wouldn't be using wifi calling). To get texts presumably you have to use Tu (which I thought you had to delete in order to use wifi calling!).What an absolute shambles. EE manage to get texts working on their wifi, but it's too much for 02. Time for a change I think.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We're told it's coming but as you know, not available yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

We've asked for this feature. But no timescale given. You can only use one or the other at any one time with regards to TU. However you don't need to delete the app merely sign out. 

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
My understanding was that the process of registering for wifi calling disables and removes tugo ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You could be right. It's just that someone on here said they had to keep switching between the two so I assumed he didn't have to keep reinstalling. Don't have the right phone to use wifi calling so never had the need to actually check it..... I'll away and look! 

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
OK, cheers.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I was trying to think of where I'd seen that, thanks.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

What emotional week - first a message to say I would be losing TuGo - Oh no!! I rely on TuGo and love it!! Then discovering WiFi calling - Hooray!! All seems to be working well except no text received. Strange. Went to check for them in TuGo but need to sign in again ... which needs a code sent by text... which I can't receive anymore!! So am completely stuck now. Wil have to go out and walk down the road to get the code and then hope it still works by the time I get back in range of wifi. I thought all that running between signal and wifi was a thing of the past... but it seems not cry

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You're dam right again.... clap

20170818_121118.png

Although I doubt you actually can re register ? Someone earlier in the week was complaining he had signed up for Wifi calling decided it wasn't what he wanted and couldn't get Tu back.  Then the poster today who couldn't register for Tu at all... ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14