cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Guru Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Wedneday 31st December I had an appointment booked with the Guru at the shop in Ipswich.  I arrived at the shop to be told that the Guru wasn't in that day.  This after waiting in a queue for 15 mins.  Why was I allowed to book the appointment if the Guru wasn't going to be in that day or if he was sick then why wasn't I informed earlier that he wasn't going to be there.  I wasted 2 hours getting there and back and waiting about in the shop.  The staff were very good and tried to help but were unable to do so.  I am very annoyed about this and would like an explaination please.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149409 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Midnight is when the whole days data usage is counted up and applied so it's not actually been used at midnight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you use wifi at home ?

I ask because on the iPhone when the screen times out it auto flicks back to O2 Internet and uses data.

By turning off 'mobile data' in your phones settings this will stop this happening. Just remember to switch it back on when out of wifi range.

Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile Data.
Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that and they didn't tell me that in the store either.  Thanks for the information.

Message 13 of 42

MI5
  • 149409 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
That's why we are here wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do use the wifi at home - That's useful to know - Why didn't they tell me that in the store - surely they must know that.  Thank you.  I think I will be ringing o2 to morrow to complain, mainly about the Guru appointment.

Message 15 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been long thought to be a battery saving feature as some write ups say wifi uses more battery than network connection. Some refute that too.

I'd rather my iPhone didn't switch between screen time outs but that's how it is right now.
Message 16 of 42

MI5
  • 149409 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If you want wifi to stay on leave it plugged into your charger.
Message 17 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you use wifi at home ?

I ask because on the iPhone when the screen times out it auto flicks back to O2 Internet and uses data.

By turning off 'mobile data' in your phones settings this will stop this happening. Just remember to switch it back on when out of wifi range.

Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile Data.

it doesnt always do that, mine never does

Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's intermittent.

I believe it flicks between the connections and some people think it just switches to network connection.

Google brings up some good discussions.

When my iPhone(s) have gone to 'sleep' and I pressed the home button if your fast enough I can occasionally see the status bar symbol change. Not all the time.

If you don't see that then cool.
Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's intermittent.

I believe it flicks between the connections and some people think it just switches to network connection.

Google brings up some good discussions.

When my iPhone(s) have gone to 'sleep' and I pressed the home button if your fast enough I can occasionally see the status bar symbol change. Not all the time.

If you don't see that then cool.

@Anonymous when you say iphone(s) how many do you have may i ask?

Message 20 of 42