Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer Service appears to have disappeared

Sausage22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if it is still possible to call customer service or speak to a human being at O2?

I've been on hold for 8 hours this week and still haven't got to speak to anyone; it just rings seemingly forever and then cuts off.

The chat function seems to have been totally removed other than the silly chatbot which is useless.

Contact Us on the website does nothing other than go round in circles without producing any contact details for any O2 department.

All I want to do is add a spend cap which used to be done in 10 minutes with the chat function but seems no longer possible to do at all. It should be available to setup on the online account but as it isn't and there seems no way of contacting anyone it seems it is no longer possible to add, change or remove a spend cap.

If anyone has any contact details that can get me through to someone it would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27795 Solutions

@Sausage22 

Calling at 8.00am is best.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

However, if you are on the new billing system, you can manage your spend cap in your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12136 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

8am tends to be the best time to call @Sausage22 

All numbers we know of are in the guide Guide: How to find help & contact O2 along with links to o2 social media accounts.

You might be able to update your spend cap yourself.

Log into the web version, then click on the "My o2" just under the o2 logo on the blue banner.
if you are lucky (on the new system) then you will see spend cap under billing (third column).

From here you can manage the spend cap yourself - 1 change every 24 hours.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

Teresa74
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im having the same problem , its  ridiculous, I can't wait to leave o2 .. would never come back to this network as Ive always had bother with this customer services

Message 4 of 6

Sausage22
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It won't let me or my daughter change the spend cap online. It will let my wife do it but not us. It's really silly. I've already tried phoning at 8am and it just rang for almost two hours and then cut-off.

I'll try one more time at 8am and then I'll give up and look at changing to another provider as I'm sick of the poor customer service with O2.

Thanks for trying to help me though with your replies, I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Teresa74  @Sausage22 

It's is a shame that you are both considering moving to another mobile network operator. If you do decide to leave, this might be useful :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

However, please be aware that customer service is mediocre across the UK mobile networks and O2 is really no better and no worse than its competitors. If you take a look at the community forums of the other networks, you'll get a feel for the sort of issue that the others are having problems with.  

Message 6 of 6