cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Credit Referrals...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was refused an O2 contract due to failing the O2 credit check. I have an excellent credit history so after buying and checking my Equifax report and finding it has a high score raised the matter with O2 credit referrals (email only service). After waiting for the obligatory 5 days I got the non-specific and very vague response below. I asked someone else on this forum who reported similar credit check problems and they confirmed that they got the same response.

It seems then that even after the 5 day wait, all you get is an automated and unhelpful response. I've now sent in a customer complaint, but it really seems that once the O2 automated credit check has marked against you, it's extremely difficult to actually get a 'thinking' human being to look at the case and enter into a meaningful dialog that would help to resolve the mis-understanding.

Can anyone suggest how, or to whom I could address my enquiry more directly or tell me of any success stories in overcoming such problems?

Text of O2 reply:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon

Thank you for your email about your application for service with O2.

O2 use a number of business policies to assess an application for service via an automated scorecard. Credit scoring produces consistent decisions and is designed to ensure all applicants are treated fairly. As many criteria are considered when assessing applications, it is unlikely that any one specific item would have meant that you did not meet our requirements.

Regards

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
www.o2.co.uk
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
mark we are all customers here I would delete those personal details.(or the mods may)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for credit and was refused. When I looked into the reason there was £7 outstanding on my account and had been for 2 years. I thought I had closed the account. I phoned/texed 02 and after 6 different conversations found there was no money owing on the account! But 02 are still telling the credit reference agencies I ow them money. 

I've tried emailing creditfilereferrals@02.com but it bounces and I get no reply.

Brilliant customer service 02. No chance of me dealing with or recommending 02 ever again.

Message 22 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be very surprised if O2 speak to you and go through all of thier decision making processes.  In fact I'd be surprised if any company did that.  Your credit score is not the be-all and end-all, you can fail for other reasons.  

But please don't expect O2 to explain any further, you didn't meet their criteria.  Speaking with someone isn't going to change that.

Message 23 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
You didn't read the message. I'm not asking to buy anything from 02 (and doubt I ever will at this rate) I said I get no reply from them after they have been wrecking my credit rating for the past two years!! Ahhh!!!!!!
Message 24 of 118

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Are you sure you entered the address correctly as others have had a response ok:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Credit-Referral/m-p/198422#M16167

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 26 of 118

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

.com is correct isn't it?

The address is: creditfilereferrals@o2.com

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that 0 (zero)2 as in the water or o (oscar)2 ?? My children will have staved to death in the time its going sort this mess out.
Message 28 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

its creditreferrals@o2.com.  The letter O and the number 2.

Message 29 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions