Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls from other networks or text messages

Makhan21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently switched from EE BUSINESS to O2 Business, I have not receiving any calls from any other networks or land lines.

nor am I receiving any text messages.

i have contact customer support on many occasions and they say that their systems are all showing as correct.

i have been sent a new replacement SIM but unfortunately this hasn’t resolved the issue.

O2 Business have now escalated my issue to their complaints and review team.

has anyone else had similar issues and were they eventually resolved

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 218 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Strictly speaking, the new MNO doesn't "tell everyone" you've moved.

Call routing is based on the number prefix, and thus the original issuing network will always hold your number for routing purposes. Every time you change networks, that routing data is updated to point to your current MNO.

The exception is that your current MNO has equivalent data to the effect of "don't route externally, this is a port-in".

This is why a ported-in number quite often will receive on-net originated calls/texts but nothing from off-net.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

An often misunderstood process @pgn and regularly mis informed from here too.

The more info the better I say 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 16

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 95 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks,

I'm happy to update the guide if you want to pass me over the wording you'd prefer to use @MI5 (or I can do it later).

Thanks,

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

Easier for you to go ahead and do it @Kei-M_O2 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 16

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 95 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Updated, and I've tried to give the original author credit as well 👍

Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 149448 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

Cheers @Kei-M_O2 

Message 16 of 16